Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Lack of home runs from non power hitters. (/forums/showthread.php?t=549240)

christianc5692 04-26-2012 02:51 PM

Lack of home runs from non power hitters.

I am in the middle of may in my franchise and I am seeing an extreme lack of home runs from my non power hitters. I am currently playing with the Phillies and I have 8 with Ryan Howard, 5 with Hunter Pence, and 3 with Chase Utley. And 1 with about 4 other players. But Shane Victorino has 0 home runs and so does Carlos Ruiz and Jimmy Rollins. I had the same exact problem in MLB 2k11 where these non power hitters would have barely any home runs throughout the season. I have my contact at 30 and power jacked up to 80 and I am using Classic Batting. I know Carlos Ruiz usually doesn't hit more than 10 a year but Rollins and Victorino are usually hovering around the 20 hr mark every season.

Yeats 04-26-2012 03:04 PM

Re: Lack of home runs from non power hitters.

It's pretty much a known issue with the game engine and it's been discussed in a few threads. Players with power ratings under 60-65 rarely hit home runs. Maybe raise the power slider more and lower the contact slider to balance things out? Is that an option?

Yeats 04-26-2012 03:08 PM

Oh something else... The contact slider in 2K baseball acts like a loft modifier. The higher it is, the more loft you get on your hits. I play with my pitch speed slider at 90. One possibility is to RAISE the contact slider, then compensate for any loss in difficulty by raising the pitch speed and making the game harder that way.

christianc5692 04-26-2012 03:19 PM

You put the CPU pitch speed up or yours?

Yeats 04-26-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christianc5692 (Post 2043606045)
You put the CPU pitch speed up or yours?

CPU pitch speed, makes it much harder to hit when the CPU pitches you see. Makes up for the easier difficulty that will result when raising the contact slider, if you go that route.

duhitsrandy 04-26-2012 05:22 PM

do you use total control hitting or classic? do you play all your games or sim a good chunk of them?

wudl83 04-26-2012 06:07 PM

Depends on the sliders that are noted in the thread and another thing: the pitcher you are up against and the ballpark you are in. With low power guys I can not hit homers e.g. against Cain in AT&T but in Coors Field of Moyer it is possible. I also hit a homer with Hanley Ramirez (62 power vs RHP) against Vorley. I use classic hitting and MKharsh sliders (with 2 modifications).

TheNumber35 04-26-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wudl83 (Post 2043606502)
Depends on the sliders that are noted in the thread and another thing: the pitcher you are up against and the ballpark you are in. With low power guys I can not hit homers e.g. against Cain in AT&T but in Coors Field of Moyer it is possible. I also hit a homer with Hanley Ramirez (62 power vs RHP) against Vorley. I use classic hitting and MKharsh sliders (with 2 modifications).

Same here. Brennan Boesch has mid 60s power and has 10 HR on July 1st in my franchise. Austin Jackson has 4 with 40ish power, Ryan Raburn with mid 60s power has 7 or 8, Avila has 6 with his 60ish power, Dirks has 6 with his 60s power, and Inge has 4. Also, Santiago, Peralta, and Laird have all homered 1 time for me. Cabrera and Fielder both have in the 20s lol but still. There isn't a lack of HRs for me with mkharsh's sliders. It just depends on the sliders, pitch speed, pitcher, and ballpark like you said wudl83.