Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Player ratings in this game do not matter (Video inside). (/forums/showthread.php?t=550582)

ballin095 05-05-2012 06:25 PM

Player ratings in this game do not matter (Video inside).

Hello guys. Here's a video showcasing a problem with the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2813T...&feature=g-upl

Knight165 05-05-2012 06:42 PM

Re: Player ratings in this game do not matter (Video inside).

Two flaws with your experiment to start.

H/ are basically for SIMMED GAMES.

....and there is no true zero for ratings. That just represents SCEA's lowest number of which there is no "none". I believe it is 20 or 25(as a representative #)...as they feel no athlete can truly be a "zero" in any aspect of the game.

M.K.
Knight165

HustlinOwl 05-05-2012 06:51 PM

so your saying a pitcher with 99/100 should be able to throw everything on the corners or borders same with hitters rated 100 should hit HR every AB

ryan36 05-05-2012 06:58 PM

Yah. There seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding of the ratings system. Also , sliders help

Heroesandvillains 05-05-2012 07:02 PM

Rookie level is also (unfortunately) not an accurate representative of ball to strike ratios.

And if you don't swing, HOF isn't either.

This test doesn't account for AI pattern recognition, even in Rookie. If you don't swing, get ready for a strike-fest.

ballin095 05-05-2012 08:57 PM

You guys still haven't come up with a good explanation to why pitchers with very control ratings are able to pinpoint their pitchers as though aces on EVERY difficulty setting.

sink4ever 05-05-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballin095 (Post 2043635983)
You guys still haven't come up with a good explanation to why pitchers with very control ratings are able to pinpoint their pitchers as though aces on EVERY difficulty setting.

Probably because they don't. Even on All-Star (with a few tweaks), I have CPU aces both grooving pitches and missing well out of the zone. I just knocked David Price out in the fifth inning of my last game after scoring like 7 runs off him.

ballin095 05-05-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sink4ever (Post 2043636003)
Probably because they don't. Even on All-Star (with a few tweaks), I have CPU aces both grooving pitches and missing well out of the zone. I just knocked David Price out in the fifth inning of my last game after scoring like 7 runs off him.

I'm not saying that good pitchers don't have off days, but when pitchers with poor pitching ratings are able to consistently paint corners on every start, there is a definite problem.