Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FIFA Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   FIFA 13 Gameplay First Look Preview (/forums/showthread.php?t=551822)

RaychelSnr 05-15-2012 11:33 AM

FIFA 13 Gameplay First Look Preview

I recently went, along with OS big boss Steve Noah, to EA Canada’s headquarters to have a sneak peek at FIFA 13. We were shown a 90-minute presentation (most likely one of the longer ones for events like these) about the new features in this year’s game. We couldn’t talk much about it initially since everything was embargoed… until today.
Hallelujah for the embargo lifting!

Overall, from the presentation, I went home with two main conclusions: That it’s hard to hold in six cups of coffee over an hour and a half, and more importantly, the FIFA team isn’t kidding about their continuing dedication to realism.

Read More - FIFA 13 Gameplay First Look Preview

Altimus 05-15-2012 11:57 AM

Re: FIFA 13 Gameplay First Look Preview

I was liking what I was reading up until this:

Quote:

First, addressing the community questions, a fair many of you have asked if teams will play more like their real life counterparts. Don't expect any dramatic changes. The FIFA team didn’t talk much about it, and while the new player intelligence may help differentiate the great from the good teams, it doesn't look like there will be a lot of changes in team management AI-- but then again it is early days, so there's still hope.
This is disappointing and something I believe the team at EA should focus more on. Hopefully they add more sliders from last year for us to be able tweak more things.

Defense is another one. Defense IMO in FIFA is almost broken and needs a lot of work. It's a shame more details on the defensive side of the ball weren't made. At the same time defense doesn't sell but still... I'm hoping for something.

buzzguy 05-15-2012 12:07 PM

Looking good!

Fiddy 05-15-2012 12:18 PM

:)

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...fa-discussion/

Profit89 05-15-2012 12:41 PM

This is the only EA title which is decent.

fakeimmigrant 05-15-2012 12:43 PM

Kind of funny that it seems like First Touch is something new. They introduced that back in FIFA 05 (if I'm not mistaken)...hopefully it's just more refined.

The Impact Engine will be the most analysed feature, especially after the jankiness of it resulted in so many YouTube fail videos.

Yeats 05-15-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMChrisS (Post 2043664998)
First Touch Control was the item that the FIFA team seems most excited about, and for good reason. In FIFA 13, no longer will every player have super glue on their boots when they trap the ball. Instead, the game will recognize “contextual trapping”, which takes into account multiple factors like pass trajectory and pace, the skill of the player trapping the ball, and the amount of pressure he is under.

I accomplished the exact same thing with FIFA 12 by lowering select player ratings. So they tweak and fix the player ratings in FIFA 13, and then call it a "new feature." Okay.

Yeats 05-15-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profit89 (Post 2043665173)
This is the only EA title which is decent.

I say FIFA 12 is one of the very best sports titles, ever. But yeah, the only EA Sports game that's worth spending money on, I agree.