Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Baseball Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   Ten Years of Tigers History - An "Every-Pitch" The Show Franchise! (/forums/showthread.php?t=555478)

pokerplaya 06-10-2012 03:20 AM

Ten Years of Tigers History - An "Every-Pitch" The Show Franchise!

Hello everyone, and thanks for taking a look at my new franchise thread for MLB: The Show 2012!

Most of the regular users of The Show forums here on Operation Sports have heard about my "franchise plan" -- so in this post, I'll fill you in on some background about me, my franchise histories, and more -- so you know that it is worth your time to start reading this franchise story, and that you can expect that time to be filled for probably the next 4-5 years. :)

My name is Jay Jackson, I used to post here under that name, and also on MaddenMania and other "oldschool" sports gaming forums. I'm a diehard "realism" franchiser, so baseball has been a very tough sell for me over the last few years. I currently have (and just retired with the purchase of Show 12) two franchises in MVP 2005 (heavily modified to 2011), that I have played every single pitch with the franchise team for 5 seasons at least. My Tigers franchise is currently in 2018, and my Braves franchise is in 2017. So, I am not someone who starts something he won't finish.

More background: I bought the PS3 strictly for this game, and have ZERO problem with playing this game for the next four to five years with a great franchise. I will of course buy the new versions, starting with 13, but more to play with friends and online. I guess this is a good point to bring you up to speed on "The Plan!"

Ten Years of Tigers History -- "The Plan"

The plan is actually very simple. I do like and see the value of those players who play one game, and then sim five so they get a rotation of starters. I'm just a "realistic-stats" freak that I get frustrated, especially in a game like baseball with so many games -- that the stats accrued aren't MINE! I usually will run a "play one, sim five" alongside my main franchise, just for low pressure fun -- but I digress.

The plan is to play TEN SEASONS with the Detroit Tigers, playing EVERY PITCH in EVERY TIGERS GAME for those ten seasons. I estimate at my general pace of play, that it will take probably 3.5 years at the earliest point, and 5 years at the most. You can play a maximum of 20 playoff games in each postseason, if you go to the final game in each series, for a total of **1820 POSSIBLE GAMES WITH NO LESS THAN 1620 GAMES** over the course of this franchise.

I had just played a 3 game set with a "test" franchise to make sure my Freezing issues were alleviated completely, and now I will be starting my Ten Years of Tigers History in the next 3 posts. I am going to go reply to this message twice to get two editable messages so I can post the lineups and pitching rotations for Opening Day and beyond.

After the initial update, I will be updating every *10* games, and doing a "leaguewide" update every 25 games, so you will be able to see how MLB develops over a long period of time, with user input in every game.

Updates will be EXTREMELY screen-shot intensive, it may take me a few days to get a system for how I am going to post screenshots, but I am well prepared with a new flash drive, and think that is the easiest way to post lots of information for all to see.

I thank you for beginning this journey with me, and I look forward to many years of fun with all of you.

pokerplaya 06-10-2012 03:22 AM

Re: Ten Years of Tigers History - An "Every-Pitch" The Show Franchise!

Franchise Settings - Ten Years of Tigers History

We started off with, and intend to play all 10 seasons with Armor and Swords fine slider package, his HYBRID version. It consists of Timing Hitting, and Classic Pitching -- which 99% of OS'ers say is by far the best setup for statistical realism (Timing/Classic) and letting the players abilities really take hold.

The Hybrid sliders use Veteran for Hitting Difficulty, and All-Star for Pitching Difficulty. His sliders are for auto fielders, I have increased errors to 6 for fielding and throwing errors, as I control every action including fielding. I am a Pure Analog thrower on All-Star level, with assist fielding.

I use a customized broadcast camera to where I am directly behind my pitcher for pitching, and I use the Catcher Classic camera while I am at the plate. No strikezone, no hot zones, etc. Medium fielding view.

Response to IM: This is a ONE-TEAM control franchise. The CPU will be responsible 100% for all organizations except for the Detroit Tigers. We will then have years of analysis to truly break down the logic of CPU trades.

If you have any questions about a slider or game setting that I am using, please feel free to ask! Thanks again for following!

pokerplaya 06-10-2012 03:23 AM

5 Attachment(s)
2012 Detroit Tigers Organization

MLB - Detroit Tigers

Detroit Tigers - Hitters

Attachment 45167

Detroit Tigers - Pitching Staff

Attachment 45168

AAA - Toledo Mud Hens

Toledo Mud Hens - Hitters

Attachment 45170

Toledo Mud Hens - Pitching Staff

Attachment 45171

AA - Erie Seawolves

Erie Seawolves - Hitters

Attachment 45169

Erie Seawolves - Pitching Staff

-- 5 Screenshot limit per post, manual entry to follow --

Starters: Kelvin De La Cruz, Brenny Paulino, Roman Lebron, Rob Waite, Thad Weber
Relievers: Ramon Garcia, Brian Flynn, Josue Carreno, Brayan Villarreal, Luis Marte, Alex Burgos, Jay Voss
Closer: Zach Samuels

----

For information:

3B Brandon Inge and OF Clete Thomas were both given their outright release, to match the moves of the actual organization.

OF Jorge Soler was signed for 3 years, 4.65M

----

ALL Rosters are OSFM, Opening Day Version, all thanks to the amazing group who put together the best roster set known to man EVERY YEAR. Our game would not be the same without you!

pokerplaya 06-10-2012 03:24 AM

This post will be saved to add any names inducted to The Show 2012 - MLB Hall of Fame during this ten season franchise. Thanks as always for reading.

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES - 2012-2022

pokerplaya 06-10-2012 03:25 AM

This post is being saved to display the Champions through 2012-2022, along with all major award winners. All-Star teams will also be presented, if possible.

American League Champions

· 2012 --

National League Champions

· 2012 --

World Series Champions

· 2012 --

AWARD WINNERS TO BE ADDED IN DUE TIME, CLOSER TO 2012 END.

pokerplaya 06-10-2012 03:27 AM

I am going to go start Opening Day in about five minutes, with the lineups listed above, as we will be facing Josh Beckett and the Boston Red Sox, and our "rosters" show our RHP lineups. Should be a great contest as reigning American League Cy Young and MVP Justin Verlander heads to the hill to hopefully start 2012 on an amazing note!

(editors note: I have not yet synced YouTube to my PS3, but it is possible for big games like these, I made add my highlight videos. OTHERWISE, EXPECT UPDATES EVERY 10 GAMES, and LEAGUEWIDE EVERY 25 GAMES!)

GO TIGERS! GO JV! :)

ALL OS'ERS MAY BEGIN COMMENTING AFTER THIS POINT - AND THANKS AS ALWAYS FOR READING!

Getty51 06-10-2012 12:27 PM

I like the setup and the playing every pitch. I'll be following. Best of luck

yougo1000 06-10-2012 12:34 PM

I will be following for sure. Good luck