Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #4 Scouting Gems and Busts (/forums/showthread.php?t=556832)

RaychelSnr 06-20-2012 11:03 AM

Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #4 Scouting Gems and Busts

Recruiting has become a lot more unpredictable in NCAA Football 13, as prospects can now have a significant difference between their projected scouting rating and their final overall rating.

Just because a recruit is projected to be the number one quarterback in the country doesn't mean he will end up with the class' highest ratings once fall practice begins.

If a recruit arrives on campus with a lower rating than expected, the game will appropriately identify that player as a "bust." Alternatively, prospects who end up with a higher-than-expected rating are labeled "gems."

No prospect in NCAA Football 13 will ever be a "sure thing," placing more importance than ever on signing a deep, well-rounded recruiting class.

What do you think? Is the dynamic nature of recruiting a huge deal to you?

Vol-4-Life 06-20-2012 11:08 AM

Re: Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #4 Scouting Gems and Busts

This has the potential to be game changing IMO

LucasWVU 06-20-2012 11:08 AM

This is my favorite add from NCAA this year. Im curious to see how it works out.

baprecure 06-20-2012 11:11 AM

One of the biggest things Im looking forward to is scouting. I hate signing the kids who just sit on my bench for four years or turn out to be slower than anticipated.

illwill10 06-20-2012 11:12 AM

This is the main reason why I am anticipating this game. This will make a big difference in recruiting. This will make players want to scout their guys before recruiting them. So, banking on a 4-5 star player without scouting him could lead to him being under 70 and not having much impact as you anticipated. The same as making you wanting to scout a 2-3 star player and getting a gem.

Pezell04x 06-20-2012 11:16 AM

I love it, but I'm pretty disappointed you know who will be a gem or a bust because you can see the overalls. Imagine recruiting a highly touted 5-star QB and find out his overall is a 75 and he's a bust.

Or recruiting some 3 star HB and when he signs, you see his overall is an 80 or so.

That would be sick. Knowing the OVR ahead of time is kind of a bummer, but I'm looking forward to this so much that it doesn't bother me a whole lot.

TDenverFan 06-20-2012 11:18 AM

With the bust/gem, if a player is just 3 or 4 OVR points higher than expected, is he a gem? If so, that's kinda poorly thought out.

Buckeyed 06-20-2012 11:20 AM

As long as the ratings truly affect gameplay outside of speed this could be sweet.