Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Wishlist (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Next Generation NCAA PS4 etc (/forums/showthread.php?t=557515)

TheBinnzer 06-25-2012 02:59 PM

Next Generation NCAA PS4 etc

Yes I know it's not even announced. Yes I know it's all speculation. But you know it's in the pipe.. It's out there.. the elephant in the room at E3 that no one would talk about. The next gen consoles, and what they will mean for our beloved NCAA.
I for one plan on skipping the next generation for 2 years IF what happened with this generation of sports titles happens again.
You know what I am talking about. Let's go through the list.
1. Features we had came to love were not there in the new iteration. The spring game is just one that comes to mind.
2. The controls were not responsive. It felt like game was playing itself other than when hiking the ball or throwing it. The new engine could not respond with animations quick enough to input. A spin move happened 2 yards later, and user catching was really hit and miss.
3. Online game play was hampered by number 2 to the point I know I didn't bother.

I am hoping that a stripped down version won't be the case. I figured I would post here to tell EA that they got me last time, but not next time, whenever next time is. Maybe they will listen and be better prepared. That is what this post is really about.

Skull 06-25-2012 03:46 PM

Re: Next Generation NCAA PS4 etc

there's really not much left for them to take out

fballturkey 06-25-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skull (Post 2043801940)
there's really not much left for them to take out

Tell that to the Madden fans.

Tovarich 06-25-2012 06:35 PM

I think I would be likely to skip it for at least a year, if not 3 as well. Then I would shake my head for several years while things we had back in 2001 are re-introduced and advertised as brand new features, and putting these things we had all along back in after suddenly leaving it out of a newer-gen console is why we can't have new features. Thankfully I still had my old XBOX and I could play up until 09 on that, because once I saw what the first 360 version looked like, I wanted to throw up.

K0ZZ 06-25-2012 06:37 PM

Well now that EA is being called out on their features being taken out and the rise of Social Media I doubt they will be able to release another half-made title like the first iterations of Madden/NCAA.

thelasthurtknee 06-27-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagopax (Post 2043802491)
Well now that EA is being called out on their features being taken out and the rise of Social Media I doubt they will be able to release another half-made title like the first iterations of Madden/NCAA.

lets hope not, those first few were so bad but I bet they cashed in on them big time. It was a money grab for EA and dont forget about how bad the developement tools were for the 360 and ps3 when this gen had come out. Madden will lead the way and will want to be out for the first cycle if its not a launch title