Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   New roster for 2012-2013 (/forums/showthread.php?t=562079)

brettgit24 07-18-2012 03:29 AM

New roster for 2012-2013

Update 8/8/12: I am now finished with the NFC South, however I am in the process of switching computers so I will be out of commission for a few days. I am working as quickly as possible.

Hey everyone, I have begun to make the rosters/franchise files for the 2012-2013 season. I want these to be as accurate as possible. These files will have the following.

1. Most of the drafted rookies (some will be missing from the later rounds) and some undrafted rookies.
2. Correct player information for all players. Also I will try to have all equipment accurate, well as accurate as I can.
3. I will be putting mug shots with players, if one matches.
4. Depth charts will be as accurate as possible.
5. Coaches information will be correct.
6. Teams will run correct playbooks for both defense and offense.

I will be using the silentway/rickster file as a template and would like to ask if anyone has any info on depth charts updates or knows any players that need a ratings boost pleas post here. However please do not ask to boost a players ratings just because he is your favorite.
I will be working non stop to finish these and will release a 2.0 version after the preseason is over.

Just so no one asks of course I am not charging for this, I just want everyone to enjoy it.

Please do not flood this thread with "when will they be done", be assured I am working as fast as possible. However I am also striving for accuracy and this stuff takes time.

FunNgun034 07-21-2012 01:38 AM

Re: New roster for 2012-2013

welcome to the jungle .. its seems the passing of the torch continues LOL... so you want donations too and not making your own but using ricksters . i think it would be a good idea and take away the paypal link.. you dont deserve donations as i or any of the other roster makers do. We do this to keep the game alive and fresh and we dont do it for the money. ( If you started from scratch making your own base that would justify a donation. As I myself have built a whole new base off VCs last official update before 2k was knocked out of competition by EA.

Rickster101 07-21-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunNgun034 (Post 2043907285)
welcome to the jungle .. its seems the passing of the torch continues LOL... so you want donations too and not making your own but using ricksters . i think it would be a good idea and take away the paypal link.. you dont deserve donations as i or any of the other roster makers do. We do this to keep the game alive and fresh and we dont do it for the money. ( If you started from scratch making your own base that would justify a donation. As I myself have built a whole new base off VCs last official update before 2k was knocked out of competition by EA.

Spoken from a man of integrity, its sad enough the powers that be have stop 2k football from being produced and now that we've thrived by creating and producing our own rosters this ugly course of events has reared itself here at OS.

I will never charge or accept money for a creative process I enjoy sharing with the community at large no matter where they are my rosters will always be free along with any helpful advice I can offer.

I looked forward to seeing your roster file but the mention of money has now somewhat tainted what I thought was going to be something creative and original....I'm sadden and disappointed to say the least.

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101

chibears96 08-07-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brettgit24 (Post 2043894609)
Hey everyone, I have begun to make the rosters/franchise files for the 2012-2013 season. I want these to be as accurate as possible. These files will have the following.

1. Most of the drafted rookies (some will be missing from the later rounds) and some undrafted rookies.
2. Correct player information for all players. Also I will try to have all equipment accurate, well as accurate as I can.
3. I will be putting mug shots with players, if one matches.
4. Depth charts will be as accurate as possible.
5. Coaches information will be correct.
6. Teams will run correct playbooks for both defense and offense.

I will be using the silentway/rickster file as a template and would like to ask if anyone has any info on depth charts updates or knows any players that need a ratings boost pleas post here. However please do not ask to boost a players ratings just because he is your favorite.
I will be working non stop to finish these and will release a 2.0 version after the preseason is over.

Just so no one asks of course I am not charging for this, I just want everyone to enjoy it. However if you would like to make a donation for my hard work I would appreciate it. You can do that here https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

Please do not flood this thread with "when will they be done", be assured I am working as fast as possible. However I am also striving for accuracy and this stuff takes time.

Hope your still willing to do the rosters. Maybe help out with the community rosters.:smirk:

brettgit24 08-08-2012 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickster101 (Post 2043908403)
Spoken from a man of integrity, its sad enough the powers that be have stop 2k football from being produced and now that we've thrived by creating and producing our own rosters this ugly course of events has reared itself here at OS.

I will never charge or accept money for a creative process I enjoy sharing with the community at large no matter where they are my rosters will always be free along with any helpful advice I can offer.

I looked forward to seeing your roster file but the mention of money has now somewhat tainted what I thought was going to be something creative and original....I'm sadden and disappointed to say the least.

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101

I have greatly appreciated your roster files for a few years now and would have loved to have been able to given you a donation for your hard work. That is the only reason I was giving people a chance to do the same for me. However if it offends you that much, I have no problem taking it down and apologize if it felt like I was trying to profit off of any of your work.

On a different note, I do have a problem with the editor. Sometimes when I go to save my work, it crashes unexpectedly. Does anyone know why this is happening and knows how to fix it? It is very annoying and not to mention slowing my progress down a bit.

chibears96 08-08-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brettgit24 (Post 2043976970)
I have greatly appreciated your roster files for a few years now and would have loved to have been able to given you a donation for your hard work. That is the only reason I was giving people a chance to do the same for me. However if it offends you that much, I have no problem taking it down and apologize if it felt like I was trying to profit off of any of your work.

On a different note, I do have a problem with the editor. Sometimes when I go to save my work, it crashes unexpectedly. Does anyone know why this is happening and knows how to fix it? It is very annoying and not to mention slowing my progress down a bit.

Your going to have to save very often. Learned it the hard way.:(

FunNgun034 08-12-2012 04:01 PM

just save everytime you make a change ... as you go along ot will be a habit