Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MMA Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   EA Sports UFC To be Developed by Fight Night Team, EA Canada (/forums/showthread.php?t=562192)

Steve_OS 07-18-2012 03:58 PM

EA Sports UFC To be Developed by Fight Night Team, EA Canada

EA Sports UFC will be developed by the Fight Night development team, at EA Canada.

The development team will be lead by Team and Action Sports General Manager, Dean Richards (Fight Night, NHL, SSX) and Creative Director, Brian Hayes.

What do you think about this move?

Source - EA Sports

aholbert32 07-18-2012 04:23 PM

Re: EA Sports UFC To be Developed by Fight Night Team, EA Canada

Is this good news or bad news?

Gotmadskillzson 07-18-2012 04:26 PM

This disappoints on so many levels. They already had a MMA team, why not let the people who made EA MMA make the UFC game ? Considering they already have experience with making the player models interact with each other in an MMA environment. Already had spectator mode code written already.

This is basically starting all over from scratch.

aholbert32 07-18-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson (Post 2043896815)
This disappoints on so many levels. They already had a MMA team, why not let the people who made EA MMA make the UFC game ? Considering they already have experience with making the player models interact with each other in an MMA environment. Already had spectator mode code written already.

This is basically starting all over from scratch.

I dont think that means they are starting from scratch. EA MMA's striking was based off of FN's mechanics. I think its silly to assume that they wont incorporate most of the code EA MMA had in place.

Gotmadskillzson 07-18-2012 04:34 PM

You can incorporate all the code you want, but unless you have the same programmers, the code won't come out exactly the same. I mean look at EA's Madden and NCAA football games, they been incorporating FIFA's running animation code for years now. But yet the players in Madden and NCAA still don't move or run as smoothly as FIFA's players, even though they using the same code.

Control-X 07-18-2012 04:58 PM

This is no good. The Fight Night team couldn't even address frustrating tuner issues with the current Fight Night game.
How about letting the UFC Undisputed 3 team work on it...

JerseySuave4 07-18-2012 05:31 PM

I hope they get some people from the UFC Undisputed team because that game was so much better at putting out a sim style fight game. It had it's flaws but you were able to get pretty good fights out of that game. I wish they had more signature styles but the EA game was too arcadish for my taste.

MattyEdgeworth 07-18-2012 05:50 PM

This is bad news, not because they'll do a bad job but because it means it'll be unlikely that we see another Fight Night game. On the plus, at least the striking might actually be good this time.