Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 13 Video: Playbooks 5 & 6: Connected Careers (/forums/showthread.php?t=563357)

8and9 07-23-2012 11:21 PM

Re: Madden NFL 13 Video: Playbooks 5 & 6: Connected Careers

Haven't been this excited for an offline mode in a while.

seasprite 07-23-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreaksoftheGame (Post 2043918175)
So can I create a bunch of players by starting them and quiting.....will they stay in the league so I can switch to coach mode and put them on my team?

With no control of 32 teams or importing draft classes that is my hope to enjoy Madden career mode.

Its been said many, many times that after you quit playing as a certain created player, they retire and are no able to be used.

Skyboxer 07-23-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot (Post 2043917995)
I never said that it could be a fast process.

Well If that wasnt your thought process then I dont see where the issue is. I'm assuming you can boost the players (qb accuracy) as much as you want over the years if you gain enough XP and eventually due to age etc.. He would start to decline naturally.
If attaining good amounts of XP is a long process you'd want to spread the XP over different players I would think so that also hampers the amount of raising someones abilities... Unless of course if you just focus on one player the whole time.

blood9585 07-23-2012 11:24 PM

If multi-player season/fantasy draft/player editing was in I think everyone would be at least content. A lot of innovative ideas here, and potential. Really going to miss my favorite thing in Madden which was online fantasy draft leagues. Hopefully the potential turns into more solid features...

StrawHat Patriot 07-23-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyboxer (Post 2043918363)
Well If that wasnt your thought process then I dont see where the issue is. I'm assuming you can boost the players (qb accuracy) as much as you want over the years if you gain enough XP and eventually due to age etc.. He would start to decline naturally.
If attaining good amounts of XP is a long process you'd want to spread the XP over different players I would think so that also hampers the amount of raising someones abilities... Unless of course if you just focus on one player the whole time.

But you earn XP by meeting goals.

Like one guy said, Kevin Kolb has had some 300 yard games, and he "sucks" lol.

Skyboxer 07-23-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DookieMowf (Post 2043918314)
What are you talking about? You can play as many seasons as you like (cut off is probably 30 like years past)

CCM sounds so awesome. Can't wait to try it out. I hope we get demo info soon.

Unless he's talking about co-op I don't know.

SteelerSpartan 07-23-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seasprite (Post 2043918357)
Its been said many, many times that after you quit playing as a certain created player, they retire and are no able to be used.

Which begs the question will we ever see the Create-A-Player like we had in the game ever again.....

If we don't, then you can forget about coming on here and getting updated Rosters after the FA/Draft to get you through the dog days of summer....

I don't know about anyone else but that brings down the value I place on the game.

Skyboxer 07-23-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan (Post 2043918396)
Which begs the question will we ever see the Create-A-Player like we had in the game ever again.....

If we don't, then you can forget about coming on here and getting updated Rosters after the FA/Draft to get you through the dog days of summer....

I don't know about anyone else but that brings down the value I place on the game.

Holefully they do add it back for those that want it but for me once I start my franchise I don't need updated rosters as I'm already in my NFL world and not then real one. Again though I hope they bring it back soon.