Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   NHL 13 Behind the Scenes - Creating True Performance Skating (/forums/showthread.php?t=566850)

Steve_OS 08-10-2012 01:28 PM

NHL 13 Behind the Scenes - Creating True Performance Skating

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7zwYTCm5APk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Quote:

Software Engineer Brett Peake takes you to the NHL 13 dev floor for a behind the scenes look at how True Performance Skating was created.

jonapaloma 08-10-2012 01:45 PM

Re: Creating True Performance Skating - NHL 13 Behind the Scenes

WOW.

The deking they show at the end of the video looks great. That is something I wanted to see a long time in the game. It has looked awful for several years.

crankybaker 08-10-2012 01:46 PM

Hmm I was hoping we would get word on the demo today..... Maybe not

bad_philanthropy 08-10-2012 02:33 PM

The skating and deking at the end of the video was fantastic. Really realistic. Hope not every player can pull off those moves though.

adayinthelife 08-10-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy (Post 2043987371)
The skating and deking at the end of the video was fantastic. Really realistic. Hope not every player can pull off those moves though.

That's probably where issues will arise unfortunately. My hope is that a player needs to have a certain level of skill in both their skating attributes, as well as their stick/puck attributes to be able to pull off those moves with any sort of regularity.

jonapaloma 08-10-2012 03:36 PM

Some of those small moves the player does in the video can almost every player do. Its called stickhandling. Something that wasn't there before. At least not so you can notice.

But not all players can do it as good as the best.

This is what I think anyway.

canucksss 08-10-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adayinthelife (Post 2043987503)
That's probably where issues will arise unfortunately. My hope is that a player needs to have a certain level of skill in both their skating attributes, as well as their stick/puck attributes to be able to pull off those moves with any sort of regularity.

i wish..hope...pray...these kind of moves requires higher attributes and not TGH or lowered rank TWF players.

Broncos86 08-10-2012 06:55 PM

Subtle stickhandling has been sorely lacking in the past. This looks very nice.