Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (via DaWolf) (/forums/showthread.php?t=567998)

Steve_OS 08-15-2012 03:26 PM

NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (via DaWolf)

Our friend DaWolf from nbagames.de and OS Forums regular has just posted his NBA 2K13 hands-on preview, based off of some early demo code at Gamescom.

Make sure you keep up with the comments, as DaWolf has been answering questions, whenever he has the time.

Read More - NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom

infam0us 08-15-2012 03:30 PM

Re: NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (via DaWolf)

You know the next NBA 2k is around the corner when we something from DaWolf.

Quote:

When the shot clock is running down and there is less than a second to play your player will automatically throw up a quick shot with one arm. Mine went in with Ray Allen.
I'm all for quick release shots but automatically? Gonna have to experience it first hand but I don't know about this.

Goffs 08-15-2012 03:35 PM

No vids though...looks like they have the game locked down

coolcras7 08-15-2012 03:37 PM

LD2K I would love to know what build of the game was presented at Gamescom

JSensui 08-15-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

On replays your player is colored whereas all the other players are black and white – looked weird.
That's silly. Why do that? Hopefully that can be turned off.

Quote:

When the shot clock is running down and there is less than a second to play your player will automatically throw up a quick shot with one arm. Mine went in with Ray Allen.
Dunno if I like that.

It's interesting. The build dawolf played seems to be more along the lines of a "polished 2k12", rather than a particularly big leap for the 2k series.

1WEiRDguy 08-15-2012 03:38 PM

now this is the type of stuff i've been waiting to read...none of the "jayz called sir charles to get him in the game"...i didnt buy 2k12 so this seems to be a vast improvement from 2k11...great read

bigeastbumrush 08-15-2012 03:41 PM

Whoa: Replays

DaWolf,
Does it looks like Double Dribble did where the dunker is in color and everything else is grayed out?

I do not like the sound of that.

Was it like that on every single replays or just intermittently?

chandlerbang 08-15-2012 03:42 PM

Jumpshooting was my biggest issue with 2k12! Sad they have chosen to take the control of the release away for a more "casual friendly" mechanic. 2k8 was beautiful in that aspect