Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden 12 vs Madden 13 (/forums/showthread.php?t=571562)

pdiehm 08-29-2012 11:03 AM

Madden 12 vs Madden 13

If you have Madden 12 and haven't gotten 13, would you just play 12 with the slider sets that were established or get 13?

Reason I ask is I have 12, but I have been reading that the CPU offense in 13 is really bad, and Connected Careers is a mixed bag.

PanthersGM305 08-29-2012 11:45 AM

Re: Madden 12 vs Madden 13

NFL Head Coach 09 vs MD13 CCM Madden 12 is nothing like the new madden 13...

CigarCityBandit 08-29-2012 12:22 PM

After playing Madden 13 (I said this even after only playing the demo too)
with the Infinity Engine, I will never go back to canned animation football.
I even traded the copy of NCAA 13 because after playing Madden 13, NOTHING compares. Even if you tried the demo and didnt like it, there is still hope with Retail. The physics have been tuned to a better level in retail.
As far as anything outside of the gameplay...I cant answer that as I havent delved into anything but "Play Now"

pdiehm 08-29-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarCityBandit (Post 2044079860)
After playing Madden 13 (I said this even after only playing the demo too)
with the Infinity Engine, I will never go back to canned animation football.
I even traded the copy of NCAA 13 because after playing Madden 13, NOTHING compares. Even if you tried the demo and didnt like it, there is still hope with Retail. The physics have been tuned to a better level in retail.
As far as anything outside of the gameplay...I cant answer that as I havent delved into anything but "Play Now"

I played the demo, and thought the physics were very good, but even in the demo, the CPU couldn't move the ball (I think Denver had 92 yards).

That really is the only thing giving me pause about buying this game. the fact that so many people are complaining about the ineptitude of the CPU in CCM (I guess the new franchise mode).

PGaither84 08-29-2012 12:39 PM

I can wait for Madden 14 easily.

I tried to wait for Madden 13, but after a while Madden 11 got on my nerves, so I eventually bought M12 in Feb. Over these last 6 months of on and off play I have found settings that I can really enjoy.

I honestly haven't really played that much franchise of Madden 12 yet. Between just booting up games, messing with my custom lay books for offense and defense, game plans, etc... I never actually got into the game itself. I just started a 32 team franchise last night with player editing on. With player editing, I can make the occasional UDFA good. Basically, I look for someone with "High Mortor: Yes" and a good consistency rating. From there I try to maybe make positional skills very high even though athletic skills aren't that impressive. I like the idea that a guy might not be the most athletic player, but he works really hard and is fundamentally sound. That earns him a roster spot and a chance. My understanding and limited experience, almost [if not every] UDFA is terrible in Madden 12.

Also, with all the talk about people playing CCM and goals and XP, I really think I prefer the "potential" system a lot more.

I am sure Madden 14 will be a much better fit for me than Madden 13.

azdawgpound 08-29-2012 12:41 PM

i dont think the cmp offense is bad in 13 in fact i think its smarter then in 12 i've seen them do different stuff in 13 that i've hardly ever saw in 12. i've seen the cmp go for it on 4th down something hardly i ever saw them do in 12 they useally punted the ball... i've seen fake punt passes. and the cmp run game seems to be better as well.