Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Connected Careers Player Progression is broken (/forums/showthread.php?t=572446)

thewinner622 08-31-2012 12:39 AM

Connected Careers Player Progression is broken

Player progression in Madden 13 is simply broken. This does not only apply to user control teams, but mainly for cpu control teams. I'm in the 3rd season of my Connected Careers Mode as a coach of the Oakland Raiders, and player progression is simply non existent especially for the cpu. The new xp system lets you manually progress your own players. That mean the days of players automatically progressing are basically over(minor rating improvements). That's all cool and dandy, but the same progression logic happens to the cpu control teams as well. That means that the cpu is having a tough time catching up. I simulated three season, and it's currently hard to find a quarterback in the 90's overall. Players are not being rewarded for there good performances, which is basically the purpose of the mode. Andrew Luck in my franchise had two season where he threw for over 4,000 yrds and his overall is an 84. Try simulating a couple seasons yourself, and see if you want to continue a mode where player progression is non existent!

LousyJackRanga 08-31-2012 12:44 AM

I agree. I took on Terrelle Pryor as my player CC. I played through 3 seasons and couldn't even manage to get any game time during the pre season. I spent every week in practice and only managed to improve his overall rating by about 3 points over the 3 seasons.

Jimi XIII 08-31-2012 01:00 AM

Re: Connected Careers Player Progression is broken

It really does not seem like an improvement so far. I'm only in my 2nd season as coach but from the look of it, the players that are already great get significant XP. None of my young talent has really received a decent amount of XP. I was leery about a lot of things in this new CCM and this was one of them, hopefully I'm just missing something. This is all kind of a test run CCM until (hopefully) a patch comes in.

Also, do I have to practice to get non-starters some XP???

thewinner622 08-31-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimi XIII (Post 2044090698)
It really does not seem like an improvement so far. I'm only in my 2nd season as coach but from the look of it, the players that are already great get significant XP. None of my young talent has really received a decent amount of XP. I was leery about a lot of things in this new CCM and this was one of them, hopefully I'm just missing something. This is all kind of a test run CCM until (hopefully) a patch comes in.

We'll probably get a patch or tuner on how much more xp we will recieve, but my prediction is that there will be no improvements at all about how badly the cpu control teams are progressing. There simply is not enough people realizing this issue. By the time people see that the cpu control team's rating suck it will be too late to get a patch. The big question is why the developers missed this obvious problem?

Jimi XIII 08-31-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thewinner622 (Post 2044090778)
We'll probably get a patch or tuner on how much more xp we will recieve, but my prediction is that there will be no improvements at all about how badly the cpu control teams are progressing. There simply is not enough people realizing this issue. By the time people see that the cpu control team's rating suck it will be too late to get a patch. The big question is why the developers missed this obvious problem?

Man, I thought about that myself. Plus, when I have a back up that does well in place of my starter for a few weeks and he gets enough XP to boost awareness one or two points, it that it once my starter is back? Is there really no other way for him to continue getting XP even though he's done well? I just don't know if this was the answer to any issues with progression.

ryanh04 08-31-2012 02:03 AM

If you look at other rosters thats not there REAL overall. It's there overall if they was in your scheme. If you have the same scheme you will have the same rating. Thats why they want you to get players that fit YOUR scheme.

Jimi XIII 08-31-2012 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanh04 (Post 2044090909)
If you look at other rosters thats not there REAL overall. It's there overall if they was in your scheme. If you have the same scheme you will have the same rating. Thats why they want you to get players that fit YOUR scheme.

Well, that's a whole other problem within itself since schemes aren't saving once changed yet. But I don't think that's the issue here. The issue is that XP is only gained by starters basically, so the back-ups stay stagnant. Backups playing only a few games maybe due to injury or something isn't nearly enough to gain decent ratings.

This is still new to all of us and maybe we're missing something, but right now into my second year, it's definitely not looking good right now. I didn't really see any non-starters grow since they don't see enough action on the field.

ryanh04 08-31-2012 02:30 AM

Look at the players you want to progress and work them into your game plan. I adjust my game plan every game to help me progress the players I want to build around.