Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Basketball Fundamentalists: What do you expect from 2K13? (/forums/showthread.php?t=576375)

Optik 09-12-2012 04:31 PM

Basketball Fundamentalists: What do you expect from 2K13?

I've noticed that most of the popular threads on the 1st page are frankly, superfluous and I haven't heard enough talk about the most important aspect of the game: the fundamentals.

So, all I want to ask is, what do you expect to see in 2K13? Don't say what you wish will be in the game, like a play creator for example, because frankly we are 2-3 years ahead of what 2K can or want to do, in terms of stuff like that.

I'll start with mine:

The "deny ball" function is basically redundant in 2K12, with there being no difference between it and "tight". You might have a bit more success controlling the defender you want to use to deny the ball yourself but the animation is weak and doesn't really prevent the offensive player from receiving the ball. I'd like to see a return to the 2K10 animation, where the offensive player would give the defender a bump to create space, and then maybe I'll be able to defend against Kobe and Durant properly.

SouthBeach 09-12-2012 04:47 PM

Re: Basketball Fundamentalists: What do you expect from 2K13?

I expect fast breaks to really be fast breaks. I don't expect Dirk to catch up to LeBron on an outlet pass.

Also, I expect the charge function to work properly. It sometimes feels like there's no way to draw a real charge in the paint.

ondreythegiant 09-12-2012 05:14 PM

With all the physics talk, bumping and collision animations should be a lot better. I'm hoping to the mighty man upstairs that that stupid two-handed layup when you get hit driving, is gone. I can't stand that one.

I also agree with the fastbreak point. It really does look like the fastbreaks will be realistic from the videos, but you never know. I expect better, though.

What I really expect to see, above all else, is the one-on-one player interaction on both sides of the ball. If you call an iso with LeBron James and Durant is covering, I expect to be able to power my way to the hoop. If I'm World Peace covering Durant, I expect to be able to outmuscle him from getting to the hoop easily.

On an additional note, I CANNOT wait to use that manual bounce pass. Try playing 2k12 and think about all the times you would want to manually bounce pass...yeah.

slowdifference 09-12-2012 05:19 PM

I'm looking how fluid plays are ran. If guys just jog around the court all stupid or if they really run the plays. Also, rebounding. I hope guys get in proper position and not just stand there stuck on stupid.

Can I live 09-12-2012 05:25 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing how improved/realistic the shot blocking is this year. It wasn't to good in 2k12, I would drive to the basket and have my layup attempt blocked by a defenders elbow or part of his arm and sometimes it was by a pg who didn't even jump smh.

Also it seems like you could never block a shot a certain distance, most of the blocks I've seen in 2k12 usually stay near where I blocked it at.

I just want to see more realistic blocks where a player actually blocks it with there their hands and is also in good position to actually block it in the first place.

cmebfresh 09-12-2012 05:52 PM

I expect superstars being superstars, hopefully smart a.i, and no more moonwalking defenders and ballhandlers

Norris_Cole 09-12-2012 05:58 PM

I expect having the possibility of playing a game against the cpu without feeling the need of throwing the 2k13 dvd through the window, because the only thing the cpu does is cheating and abusing exploits

I haven't been able to play an association for this reason in 2k since years, I just feel the game cheats

jersez 09-12-2012 06:38 PM

Well I expect passing to be accurate, rebounding should be fixed my cpu controlled teammates should position themselves, and the game shouldn't make rebounds predetermined and pg will no longer out-rebound kevin love or Zach Randolph. Also I expect the foot planting to make a significant upgrade over 2k12's. The foot planting has been terrible for years now. Hopefully this has been fixed.