Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   CCM HB, What attributes effect my non-simulated preformance? (/forums/showthread.php?t=578409)

MikeLove 09-17-2012 05:33 PM

CCM HB, What attributes effect my non-simulated preformance?

Just a few questions, as I'm trying to get some carries as a power HB i created for the chargers (don't laugh)...

Its obvious that things like agility, acceleration, truck, spin and what have you will improve your performance on the field.

Now theres a bunch of other ratings that will raise your overall, but not necesarilly make you play better if you aren't simulating (probably things like awareness).

I have some questions about a few categories though:

-Ball carrier vision
-Elusiveness
-Awareness
-Route Running

Do any of those effect your on field performance?

Is there a compiled list of ratings and what they actually do anywhere?

Is it worth raising attributes that don't make your player better, just to get your overall up? I imagine that's the best way to see playing time.

Thanks guys!

moveitsjosh 09-17-2012 08:09 PM

Re: CCM HB, What attributes effect my non-simulated preformance?

Im honestly not sure, but I think Power back might have been the worst choice.
I choose a speed back for the Colts because I knew I could develop other traits easier then speed.
Boy was I right, I had an Arian Foster like first game against All Pro (not all madden, I know) and had 247 off of 33 carries, along with 3 TDs and 76 receiving yards.

Basically, I think speed and elusiveness are the only thing that matter for RBs in madden 13, I hardly ever see a running back slower then a 92 break out a long run.

MikeLove 09-17-2012 08:15 PM

See I was thinking the opposite because juking doesn't really do too much, where as trucking and stiffarm does. I dont really care im not in this for the long haul, just kinda messing around with it, and I enjoy power running more than anything else in the game.

Anyways, what do you think elusiveness does, as I have no clue.

God so much of this BS would be eliminated if they would just release what the damn ratings are intended to do. My guess is that they either don't know themselves, or the ratings are so obviously broken/ineffective that it would be an actual embarrassment for them to release them. And I think it could honestly be a toss up with either of those, maybe even most likely both. They dont know what theyre supposed to do and they dont work lol.

Why give us all these damn categories and specific numbers and then not tell us what they mean?

ragnarok1978 09-18-2012 08:04 AM

In my 2nd season as a Power RB for the Panthers, having a laugh.

Of the things you list above, I believe only elusiveness will help your on field performance. The others will help your OVR, if you're interested in building that towards more steady playtime.

As a Power RB, like you already discovered, your trucking and stiff arm are brutal, I love it. I am personally upping my catching, elusiveness and acceleration as I find those the main weak points.

There is no doubt, that if you want to run alot of outside runs, exploiting the IE's inability to deal with "strafing", then you need to build speed and acceleration for imidiately better performance, but they sure are expensive :-)