Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   nba 2k13 everything Defense (/forums/showthread.php?t=582979)

EasyOnTheIcePlease 11-04-2012 05:10 PM

Re: nba 2k13 everything Defense

Defense definitely feels a lot more "relieving" than "rewarding" this year, in contrast to the promises we were given from 2KSports. I will say though, that shading your defender with some space is pretty effective in at least, hampering drives to the basket a little bit. It's just tough to do consistently when you have ballhandlers constantly on the go. If you're not a steal spammer, playing really tight on anyone with a live dribble can do more harm than good unfortunately.

coldkevin 11-04-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan_OS (Post 2044398651)
Can you possibly go more in depth instead of saying it sucks?...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have said enough in other threads, now I'm tired of talking about the same topic over and over again so please let us not give rise to a controversy

Skit_5 11-05-2012 03:57 PM

Thanks to all, and special thanks to Optik & DrX for the helping hand!
My game has improved considerably. I'm managing to stop the CPU driving at me and can block quite often, not too hot on stealing though!

Optik 11-05-2012 05:36 PM

There's an animation where if you are bodying up a post player who's already made his move and just wants to the shot up, they will do a layup as if you're not there, even when pressing the right stick into them and holding the right trigger. I've found that pressing the right stick AWAY (or towards the basket) from the defender makes them take a contested layup.

Also, when you have a big man with low security under/near the basket (especially where they are holding the ball beneath their waist) and you haven't got a big to contest him, spam the steal button (lol usually twice or three times will do), and do it when they are holding it in an area they really have no business being in.

FrankieDiamonds 11-06-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirk504 (Post 2044269799)
How do I set it so the cpu doesn't automatically pick my players defensive matchups? Example: If Kobe starts scoring a lot, the cpu will automatically scheme for me to double team. I like to set my own, but they keep changing it.

-- BUMP

Please help with this.. can't find the answer anywhere. When playing friends online, I will select my defensive settings (i.e. double-teams off, play tight on Ray Allen, etc.) and as the game progresses, I check my settings and it's set to DOUBLE TEAM THE ENTIRE STARTING LINE UP!!! Is this from using the quick adjustments, like "focus on stars"??

Vni 11-06-2012 07:31 AM

Yes that's it. To go back to your settings (the one you set before the game started) you have to pick the coach default from the quick adjustement menu.

AllStarDaDon 11-06-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankieDiamonds (Post 2044404819)
-- BUMP

Please help with this.. can't find the answer anywhere. When playing friends online, I will select my defensive settings (i.e. double-teams off, play tight on Ray Allen, etc.) and as the game progresses, I check my settings and it's set to DOUBLE TEAM THE ENTIRE STARTING LINE UP!!! Is this from using the quick adjustments, like "focus on stars"??

Yes it's from the quick adjustments like focus on stars etc.

You can make adjustments like "lock down paint" during game, but make sure you go to the start menu defensive settings and put it back on customs for your custom settings you did before the game.

FrankieDiamonds 11-07-2012 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vni (Post 2044404846)
Yes that's it. To go back to your settings (the one you set before the game started) you have to pick the coach default from the quick adjustement menu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllStarDaDon (Post 2044407049)
Yes it's from the quick adjustments like focus on stars etc.

You can make adjustments like "lock down paint" during game, but make sure you go to the start menu defensive settings and put it back on customs for your custom settings you did before the game.

THANKS!!!! :freddy: That was driving me insane!