Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   nba 2k13 everything Defense (/forums/showthread.php?t=582979)

cgalligan 03-07-2013 11:11 AM

Re: nba 2k13 everything Defense

I never really play online... I usually just play my association with my Cavaliers...

I'm wondering how you guys set up your Coach settings and Individual Defensive Settings?

Hedge, Switch, No Head, all that... I'm not a Basketball guru, I just love the game, but, I'm not sure what all these settings do when combined with other things...

I've tried setting my Coach Profile up and max out the Defensive Pressure setting, but, that seems to lead to a ton of Fouls on my team and a bunch of Free Throws for the CPU...

RuffinEmUp93 03-07-2013 12:51 PM

I'm tryna figure out how to change my defense stances like sometimes I'll press just LT and he'll get into a intense defensive stance, or I'll press RT and he'll be in a sprinting stance like he's ready to run or both and he'll be in a strafing stance but I need help in figuring out which is which!

ghettogeeksta 03-07-2013 02:58 PM

On the ball defense aint bad, its off the ball and in the paint defense that needs to be addressed like can.... somebody tell me how to bump the cutter?

cgalligan 03-07-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta (Post 2044785781)
On the ball defense aint bad, its off the ball and in the paint defense that needs to be addressed like can.... somebody tell me how to bump the cutter?

Yep... I get smoked on Cutters through the paint all day long :(

sreckless 03-07-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

It's more of an art than a science. You kind of have to be able to look at the animations and predict where you need to be.

What I would do I play some offline games on player-lock, or in create-a-legend, and use the center. Focus on guarding your man. That will give you more practice.

RuffinEmUp93 03-07-2013 05:33 PM

I need help!! How to change defensive stances?

JasonWilliams55 03-07-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Switch to man guarding or closest big to the cutting lane then stand (in way of path) with LT held, you have to kinda see the cut coming before he cuts in order to switch fast/early enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreckless (Post 2044786175)
It's more of an art than a science. You kind of have to be able to look at the animations and predict where you need to be.

What I would do I play some offline games on player-lock, or in create-a-legend, and use the center. Focus on guarding your man. That will give you more practice.

Bolded :bump:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuffinEmUp93 (Post 2044786416)
I need help!! How to change defensive stances?

LT then flick RS left/right.

ataman5 03-14-2013 06:15 PM

What do you use defending dwight Howard dominating inside in terms of defensive settings and what are your tips, im asking for online thx.