Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   nba 2k13 everything Defense (/forums/showthread.php?t=582979)

hoopsjones84 10-04-2012 06:17 PM

Re: nba 2k13 everything Defense

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsider2 (Post 2044269761)
Any tips on actually shot blocking? I had some guy yesterday block a lot of my attempts easily, but I either press the button too late or too soon...

Also, do you know if the pre-match defensive settings screen works or do we always need to goto pause menu?

IN THE CONTROLS SETTINGS you can choose shot contest to never, when pressing LT, or always..if always the comp will contest most shots for u

Ramboooo 10-04-2012 06:35 PM

My fairly obvious tips (mainly for blacktop online)

- training camp / my player drills for defense

- learn the tendencies of the user -- when does he pass, when does he shoot, does he like to fake a lot or go straight for the hoop, what are his weaknesses, etc

- power up on all the defensive attributes for better control, and all physical attributes like speed and quickness to be able to keep up with players.

kolanji 10-04-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsjones84 (Post 2044269560)
another thing is rebounding. first few games i was gettin TOO heated because i could not rebound for nothin on the defensive end. if you actually take time out to control your guy and HIT the L TRIGGER, you get better results because you are actually boxing out. it helps out and it feels rewarding to me when im able to get a stop and grab that rebound

YEA VERY GOOD POINT WILL EDIT MY POST AND ADD THIS

vannwolfhawk 10-04-2012 06:44 PM

Great post! I agree with every point you stated... Right stick is crucial in more ways than one...

kolanji 10-04-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirk504 (Post 2044269799)
How do I set it so the cpu doesn't automatically pick my players defensive matchups? Example: If Kobe starts scoring a lot, the cpu will automatically scheme for me to double team. I like to set my own, but they keep changing it.

am not sure if i know what u mean but remember at the start of every game online or offline the option to push start and change starting line ups and defensive matchups before the game even gets on the way

Smirkin Dirk 10-16-2012 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk (Post 2044270282)
Great post! I agree with every point you stated... Right stick is crucial in more ways than one...

1. I use it to jump to the left or right.

2. I point it towards a jumpshooter to contest.

3. I know I can use it as a hands up mechnaism to block/deflect passes.

If there's anything Im missing, let us know.

iwiniwin 10-16-2012 04:07 AM

on defense the right stick also help to position your body for big time blocks and chase down swats ...this game is so real

Smirkin Dirk 10-16-2012 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwiniwin (Post 2044322146)
on defense the right stick also help to position your body for big time blocks and chase down swats ...this game is so real

How? I havent picked up on this