Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FIFA Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Fun teams for FIFA 13 Career mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=586893)

sdog1981 10-20-2012 01:01 PM

Fun teams for FIFA 13 Career mode

Just looking for what teams you guys like to start your career mode with. I am a Man City fan and Career mode is just a little too easy because of the massive amounts of money my team has for the transfer market. I just want to see what you guys have picked and if you are having any fun with them.

I was thinking about a few EPL teams but any suggestions are welcome.

Teams I was thinking of.

Tottenham, Man U, Liverpool (the road back to the top), Dortmund, Real Madrid (have a good rival with Barcelona) PSG, or AC Malian.

Bellsprout 10-20-2012 01:05 PM

Re: Fun teams for FIFA 13 Career mode

Don't be Man U or Madrid if the money at City made the game too easy.

Spurs are a decent choice. I'd pick someone worse and build them up, but that's your choice.

I chose Fulham in mine, mostly because they're my favorite club. They're not poor, money-wise, but they certainly aren't rich either. And they have Dimitar Berbatov.

If you really want to get ambitious, a Southampton career's always intrigued me. You've got plenty of attacking talent, but a hell of a rebuild to do defensively. Could be fun.

Gnemi 10-20-2012 01:11 PM

Dunno why anybody would want to play as such huge clubs, but to each their own.

I prefer grabbling middle of the table teams at the top flight and/or a quality lower division team for a promotion campaign.

I'm in year two of a Cardiff City CM and having been promoted following the first year, I'm fighting to stay out of the drop zone.

sdog1981 10-20-2012 01:11 PM

I hear you on the Real Madrid thing, but they do have a dominate rival that they have to beat so I think that would make things interesting. I was also eyeing Southampton they also had more money for transfers then I was expecting. New Castle had a nice mix of players and transfer funds too. Thanks for your response.

Gnemi 10-20-2012 01:25 PM

How about Everton or Sunderland? You get a bitter rivalry (Liverpool and Newcastle respectively) and it avoids the cookie cutter Super Team issue I mentioned.

CybrSlydr 10-20-2012 01:53 PM

I started in the MLS with Columbus Crew. A 3-star team with room to grow. Right now in my CM, they're a 4.5 star team and pretty much dominate the MLS. I got a few people for a steal that have developed impressively (Hugo Boselli for one, is a 92 ovr Striker who is 23 yrs old).

orion523 10-20-2012 02:03 PM

Really having trouble making a decision for whatever reason this year. I know I want a club not capable of challenging for a title in year one, but one that does have some nice young players who have a chance to blossom two three years on, also I don't want a club with a huge transfer budget(on strict), a rival would be fantastic as well. I was thinking Fiorentina, but Serie B not being licensed kinda hurts cup ties, plus their budget is pretty high(about 15 million euros I believe). I always play in England so I really didn't want to go that route but I do love the entire English football system and West Ham does look a nice choice, I've also toyed with the idea of a Sheffield Wednesday CM, a Sunderland CM, and a Birmingham one. Bayer Leverkusen is a possibility being managed by Sami Hyypia. I'm off of Spain, way too unbalanced, but I'm not averse to a Dutch or Russian CM either. GRRRRRRRRR.

Gnemi 10-20-2012 02:13 PM

Sunderland is a fantastic choice IMO. They have rabid supporters, great rivalries (Newcastle and 'Boro), classic kits, a great mascot, and they play in a venue called the Stadium of Light. What's not to love here, folks?

Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton Athletic are two other good possibilities.