Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FIFA Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Fun teams for FIFA 13 Career mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=586893)

Cod 11-25-2012 04:36 AM

Re: Fun teams for FIFA 13 Career mode

I play as Ipswich Town when I want a challenge. The Tractor Boys are the first club I witnessed in person and they're a middle of the table team in the nPower Championship. I've been trying to get a promotion for 3-seasons now and continually finish 5th or 6th at the end of each year.

byazura 11-30-2012 11:26 AM

Are there any teams really low level, but have lots of money? Would be good to start as a low level team like Swindon, maybe even Grimsby and work them to the top, but i'd need some overhead first. Would it be best to just edit one of their lowest rated players really high, start career and pawn him off to the big leagues for cash?

thegenerel 11-30-2012 04:10 PM

I am looking for an English club to build up, I dont follow soccer all that much so its no problem to rebuild them (sell off/replace players), I would like a team with nice kits so I dont get sick of looking at my team.

Brahvocado 11-30-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byazura (Post 2044481866)
Are there any teams really low level, but have lots of money? Would be good to start as a low level team like Swindon, maybe even Grimsby and work them to the top, but i'd need some overhead first. Would it be best to just edit one of their lowest rated players really high, start career and pawn him off to the big leagues for cash?

What I do, since I don't like editing players, is just manually transfer a player to my team before I start the cm and just choose current customized. You can't transfer list them but as long as they are higher rated than everybody else on your team you will get transfer offers. I usually just pick a person that I know gets sold every cm, like Benzema/Maschereno etc.

EHS_25 12-07-2012 11:25 AM

Ive had fun with West Brom..

Raincoats George 01-31-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cranes74us (Post 2044340594)
Try York City.... helluva of a team there. :p

I know this is kind of a dead thread, but I found it and was intrigued. I started my player career with York City and it was actually a lot of fun. Obviously we were expected to finish poorly, but managed to finish eighth place--we only missed the promotion playoffs on goal difference. I transferred to Fulham after that, but I still somewhat regret never taking York City to the next flight.

But I think my manager career was the most fun. Has nobody tried Newcastle Jets in Australia? A tiny budget was tough to manage, and the team really isn't really that good to begin with, but I managed to buy a good striker (good for the A-League anyway) and a good defensive midfielder and we managed to worm our way into the playoffs in the last spot, and then won the League Championship in an upset over Perth. And now I'm in my second season, still struggling along in mid-table. It's seriously really exciting.

Hunkerdown 01-31-2013 01:18 PM

I went with Spurs, strict board, only had like 20 million transfer money. Been a blast, and my goals are very high, win this, win this , win this. Will be a challenge, since i use Orions sliders.

Get Blunted 01-31-2013 02:53 PM

I've had a lot of fun starting in a low league and working my way up to a big time club. My managing career so far..

Suwon Bluewings
2012/13: 21-5-7 Lost in K-League final
2013/14: 21-9-3 Third place in K-League
2014/15: 24-2-6 K-League Champions
2015/16: 22-7-3 K-League Champions

SC Bastia
2016/17: 33-13-17 Third place in Ligue 2, gained promotion to Ligue1
2017/18: 15-4-13 Left the club in 10th place in Ligue 1

Liverpool
2017/18: 6-5-7 Finished 10th in BPL
2018/19: 16-3-0 Currently in second place in BPL

I simulated all of 2015/16 except for the K-League Championship, and most of the ending to the 2017/18 BPL season after I arrived at Liverpool.

My biggest transfer fee paid was $25.5M for Neymar, and biggest fee received was $21.5M for Shelvey. Both happened in my first and only transfer period so far with Liverpool.