Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA 2K13 For The Wii U, Is It For You? (/forums/showthread.php?t=592032)

Steve_OS 11-20-2012 03:51 PM

NBA 2K13 For The Wii U, Is It For You?

We've already posted our review of NBA 2K13 for the PS3/360 in early October, so we won't cover what you already know about the game. In this article, we'll simply cover some of the Wii U console specific items of interest, with a few other details thrown in, based off of our hands-on impressions from the game on the new Wii U console.

Read More - NBA 2K13 For The Wii U, Is It For You?

Tomba 11-20-2012 04:30 PM

They need to fix the framerate currently unplayble on broadcast. graphically MINUS the cloth physics looks great and the game retains ALL the features of the other console versions but right now the framerate HAS TO BE addressed...It is NOT a limitation of the system AT ALL

BobbyColtrane 11-20-2012 05:14 PM

Re: NBA 2K13 For The Wii U, Is It For You?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomba (Post 2044451539)
They need to fix the framerate currently unplayble on broadcast. graphically MINUS the cloth physics looks great and the game retains ALL the features of the other console versions but right now the framerate HAS TO BE addressed...It is NOT a limitation of the system AT ALL

I saw someone say in a locked thread that it was a system limitation and I couldn't disagree more strongly. There are ports that have graphical problems but there are also games that have great graphics. It is NOT a system limitation more of an issue of a short dev cycle for a ported game.

Tomba 11-20-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyColtrane (Post 2044451687)
I saw someone say in a locked thread that it was a system limitation and I couldn't disagree more strongly. There are ports that have graphical problems but there are also games that have great graphics. It is NOT a system limitation more of an issue of a short dev cycle for a ported game.

Thank you BobbyColtrane, I'm gutted mind you i got this to play for fun purposes but it sure hasnt been. I don't get the "boohoo sorry you" mentality of some folks when you get a game... Most will play on 360 and keep playing on 360 and i get that but its amazing to think the close mindedness of this problem...

exposedaking 11-20-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomba (Post 2044451539)

How is it with the gamepad? Im thinking about getting it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

deezy24 11-20-2012 09:11 PM

I don't see any appeal in the Wii U. Not for me.

Tomba 11-20-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exposedaking (Post 2044452017)
How is it with the gamepad? Im thinking about getting it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

gamepad has no lag

Gramps91 11-21-2012 07:58 AM

I've always been a pretty big Nintendo guy, so I plan on getting a Wii U at some point. I'm happy to see 3rd party teams making stuff for nintendo now, I really hope that keeps up, Lack of sports simulations and multi-platform titles(or at least good ones) are the reason I've been more of a sony guy as of late.