Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   So let me get this straight... (/forums/showthread.php?t=602732)

Clarke99 01-31-2013 01:05 AM

So let me get this straight...

Just a curiousity question because I am unfirmiliar with the notion of "MLB Live"

Im guessing I'm maybe thinking too highly of this here and I dont want to get my hopes up but, Does this mean we can say on Oct 2nd, set up playoff mode the exact way it is in real life and play the games with the days line ups?

Or its just exhibition?

Thanks,

paul 2076 01-31-2013 01:43 AM

Re: So let me get this straight...

I am thinking it is a standalone mode from the playoff setup. I am sure it will let you play the playoff games though. Whether or not the new playoff presentations will be part of that is something I don't know. Hope this helped a little.

Knight165 01-31-2013 10:25 AM

It is a separate mode from franchise...it's an "exhibition" mode per se,
I'm nearly certain you can play any game on the schedule that has been played or the lineups announced(current days games) including playoff/WS games.

M.K.
Knight165

LetsGoBucs 01-31-2013 10:45 AM

Knight - do you know how this will work with players who aren't currently on the SCEA rosters? For example, Opening Day games with rookies who aren't yet part of the roster. Will there be a fake player or a substitute? Just curious...

Knight165 01-31-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoBucs (Post 2044671484)
Knight - do you know how this will work with players who aren't currently on the SCEA rosters? For example, Opening Day games with rookies who aren't yet part of the roster. Will there be a fake player or a substitute? Just curious...

There will be a blog on it...
Sorry...I don't know...I just fooled around a little with it at the event.

M.K.
Knight165

kehlis 01-31-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

That's a real good question.

MrOldboy 02-01-2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

For opening day/the first roster update yes this is a good question. Also for callups and such between roster updates. I assumed that they would just require you to use the latest online roster in the mode so they can make sure the lineups and everything line up correctly. But like you said, how could they do this if they can't add them to the online roster yet.

ripwalk 02-01-2013 11:28 AM

Does it keep stats on your profile in terms of how you do in this game mode and what your batting average, ERA, etc is?