Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Does Anyone Plan On Being The Astros? (/forums/showthread.php?t=607489)

kmoser 02-25-2013 10:23 PM

Does Anyone Plan On Being The Astros?

I make a franchise as the Astros every year, and every year they are the worst team. I usually make trades because I want to "win now" but this year I am going to rebuild because of the new scouting and training systems. Anyone that is planning on being the Astros feel free to comment on how you are going to run the team. If you are not going to be the Astros, also feel free to give any tips, ideas, or opinions.

DirkDiggler12 02-25-2013 10:27 PM

Re: Does Anyone Plan On Being The Astros?

There is a thread similar to this already

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...you-going.html

Sco291 02-25-2013 10:37 PM

I've never been one to be patient and into scouting/rebuilding, BUT... with the Astros in the AL now, and the new team, logo, uni's ...I don't know bro. I always do a Yankees franchise, and still really want to. But something about wanting to try and bring Houston into a new league and start being a contender really is dragging me in.

dran1984 02-25-2013 10:38 PM

I plan on playing as the Astros this year. I'm going to add a few solid major league players that were free agents and a couple in trades. No Hamilton or Grienke but players like Loshe, Sanchez, Either, and Allen Craig. That way I can still compete and keep some of the "core players" they actually have.

GreenGlen 02-25-2013 10:38 PM

This year is a write off and there is nothing left of value to trade with the exception of Bud Norris. Defensively the team is average or slightly above. The bullpen is extremely weak so expect to not be able to hold leads, if you are even able to score. Picking up an older veteran DH might be nice addition. I will work to get singleton and springer into the lineup as early as ST 2014 with training correa a big priority for the future.

dran1984 02-25-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenGlen (Post 2044747244)
This year is a write off and there is nothing left of value to trade with the exception of Bud Norris. Defensively the team is average or slightly above. The bullpen is extremely weak so expect to not be able to hold leads, if you are even able to score. Picking up an older veteran DH might be nice addition. I will work to get singleton and springer into the lineup as early as ST 2014 with training correa a big priority for the future.

I'm using the OSFM rosters as the base and trading a few prospects...Cosart and DeShields. And also adding to the pen. Looking at acquring Parra (leadoff) and David Hernandez from the DBacks to be my closer.

kmoser 02-25-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dran1984 (Post 2044747274)
I'm using the OSFM rosters as the base and trading a few prospects...Cosart and DeShields. And also adding to the pen. Looking at acquring Parra (leadoff) and David Hernandez from the DBacks to be my closer.

Not a bad idea but the Astros have new closer and I saw that his overall is an 89 so I would give him a shot first.

dran1984 02-25-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmoser (Post 2044747645)
Not a bad idea but the Astros have new closer and I saw that his overall is an 89 so I would give him a shot first.

I was off today so I was able to look at all the ratings..

Hernandez is 89 as well so I was planning on keeping Veras as middle relief/setup guy. For any other team he would be just another reliever he has no closing experience. Hernandez has been thought of as a closer in waiting for years and hes younger.

I was also going to bring back Wilton Lopez who they traded this offseason and go with a back end of the bullpen as:

7 - Veras
8 - Lopez
9 - Hernandez