Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title? (/forums/showthread.php?t=621233)

Big FN Deal 04-13-2013 11:04 PM

What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title?

I seem to have this complex where I feel compelled to speculate on Madden and get meaningless early bragging rights if correct. So with that in mind, I feel pretty confident, at this point, that Madden 25 is being released this year in correlation with the new consoles and wondered what others opinions are on the matter. For me, next-gen Madden is a lost cause at this point and pretty much everyone agrees that there is not much more that can be done to drastically change the game without a fresh start.

Well that fresh start, in the form of a Frostbite engine for Madden, seems to be all but confirmed putting these small crumbs of facts together. Exhibit A - Exhibit B - Exhibit C - Exhibit D

Now add to that the fact that Madden 2006, for the then new PS3/360 consoles in 2005, launched in November of that year, even after Madden 2006 released on PS2/Xbox and that it's doubtful they hired a new CD for G4 Madden that started in January of 2012, to wait to launch it over two years later in 2014, M25 on PS4/720 seems like a good bet.

So with my "I told you so rights" out the way, what will you do if this announcement is made and what are your opinions on the matter?

No way I can see getting M25 on the current consoles, even as an impulse buy, as long as there is any chance of playing a new console football game with a new engine. The way I figure it, I spent well over $1600 the last 8 years ($300 Xbox at launch+$60 x Madden 06-13+$60 x NCAA 07-12+$500 for 2 replacement Xboxes) mainly in search of an enjoyable football gaming experience, so I am willing to risk another $500 or so, for one last shot at it on new consoles.

mestevo 04-13-2013 11:21 PM

I expect to know more about the consoles and titles before any money changes hands (as we all do) but I expect to buy NCAA and Madden on current gen for online franchise with friends.

I may also purchase M25 for the next gen console I buy if the benefits of doing so are compelling enough, though depending on how the rumors pan out it's likely I'd just continue to play current gen on that system if I go MS via the Xbox Mini.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jeremym480 04-13-2013 11:32 PM

In my opinion, it's a no-brainer that Madden 25 will be a release title.

I'm not sold on getting Madden 25 for the current systems yet. Let's assume that I do get Madden again for the 360, if it is decent and the PS4 or 720 isn't stripped down, then I may purchase it again.

It's still too early to tell at this point.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

SageInfinite 04-13-2013 11:47 PM

Re: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title

I'm just about fed up with this gen's football offerings, so if next gen offers a more advanced game I will definitely purchase it. I know it wouldn't be in EA's best interest, but I hope they would show us at least something before Madden 25 drops on current gen. At least at E3. I'm really eager to see what they have.

Trick13 04-13-2013 11:57 PM

Re: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title

I am in full wait and see mode. Will wait at least a week on this generation, see how big the new Madden bugs and glitches thread gets and how quickly.

If things are solid and custom playbooks are an option I will likely buy within a week. No custom playbook I will try to hold out and not buy, will kind of depend on other factors including if I can pull off an 8 man, 1 team per division CCM.

I will be waiting til my birthday on a new console, so Feb at the earliest, unless Madden does release and gets killed here review wise, in which case I will likely wait on a new console until Madden gets a really solid review or some other game sucks me in.

Rondo is GOD 04-14-2013 12:07 AM

Definitely wouldn't bite. Would just stay on 360. Last time madden jumped to "next gen" consoles madden was terrible for a decade.

tarek 04-14-2013 12:45 AM

I plan on getting a PS4 at release. If Madden is hinted at being a PS4 release I will pr0bably wait and get it then.

But frankly it depends on the differences. If any.

juggalotusx 04-14-2013 01:10 AM

I think most of the work for madden 25 will if not has been done for the new systems along with a complete rebuild of the game. They know how bad it has failed for ps3 and xbox and I think they know they have no choice. Not only that people will not want the same ol thing on a new system especially graphics wise. I choose i would by both but I would buy for ps3 and then sell it once the new ps4 comes out or maybe ill go with xbox if we get free xbox live greedy yasterds. If there is not a huge and I mean huge improvement to madden this will be my last year with the series. I just cant put up with a company that just does not care enough to fix minor things in games even if it only would take them a couple days and a little extra money, challenges and assists cough, cough. If I had my own football company I would make sure to put out a game that I would be proud of.....