Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   NHL 13 Crowns New York Rangers Stanley Cup Champions (/forums/showthread.php?t=625758)

RaychelSnr 04-29-2013 01:17 PM

NHL 13 Crowns New York Rangers Stanley Cup Champions

The official EA Sports NHL Playoff Prediction is in, and it has the New York Rangers beating the Chicago Blackhawks in six games in the Stanley Cup Finals for their fifth Stanley Cup in franchise history.

The simulation had Rangers forward Brad Richards winning the Conn Smythe Trophy, which would be the second of his career. Richards had 24 points in the playoffs to lead all players in the simulation.

The Blackhawks won each series in the west in five games, amassing a 12-3 playoff record before falling to New York. The Western Conference also saw two major upsets with the Red Wings beating the Ducks and the Kings beating the Blues to open things up. The Maple Leafs were eliminated in the first round, but they did take the Bruins to seven games. The Eastern Conference Semifinals between the Penguins and the Rangers was a classic, going the full seven games.

For more information on the simulation, be sure to visit the official EA Sports NHL site.

SteelersFan09 04-29-2013 04:06 PM

Well it is safe to say the odds of this happening are near slim. The Rangers would be lucky to get to the second round let alone the Stanley Cup Finals.

Bretsky523 04-29-2013 08:11 PM

Re: NHL 13 Crowns New York Rangers Stanley Cup Champions

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersFan09 (Post 2044968755)
Well it is safe to say the odds of this happening are near slim. The Rangers would be lucky to get to the second round let alone the Stanley Cup Finals.

Don't base everything on ranks, look at the kings last year

SteelersFan09 04-29-2013 09:23 PM

Bretsky, I'm not basing everything on rankings. The Rangers just don't have the team this year. Not to mention Lundqvist is not a good playoff goalie.

brianski71 04-30-2013 05:09 PM

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Let's go Pens.

canucksss 04-30-2013 05:58 PM

i thought this is nhl 12...coz the same picture or celebration during SC presentation.

Segagendude 04-30-2013 06:27 PM

I just eliminated them in 7 in the first round, lol

Majingir 04-30-2013 06:35 PM

Alot of series going deep in 1st round. 6 of the 8 series all went 7 games. Really don't see that happening.

I don't even like Montreal, but seeing them beat the Bruins in 5, then getting swept by the Rangers, seems real surprising.