Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   GM Connected NHL 14 (/forums/showthread.php?t=627122)

blinky 05-05-2013 03:29 PM

GM Connected NHL 14

Is it too soon to get an official word from EA about custom rosters and other crucial functionality in NHL 14 GM Connected?

Custom rosters is a must. Allowing custom rosters will enable every league to cater their roster as they please, alleviating pressure from EA to release periodical roster updates, which let's face it guys, gamers in GM Connected mode were left out in the cold.

Allowing custom sliders and locking them for GM connected play should be next in line on the mandatory list. Leaving this to the discretion of the host is unacceptable. Every league deals with guys that don't mind bending rules in their favor as well as the occasional all out cheaters. It's unfortunate, but those types of gamers are like viruses. The commissioner needs to have the final word on sliders and have the feasibility to edit them during the entire duration of the league.

Turning injuries on and off before, during and after the season. No explanation necessary.

Releasing players at any point during the year, whether or not this involves buy-outs or not, it should be up to the league commissioner to turn this option on or off.

There are plenty more posted here by long time online league gamers.

If information about this was leaked already, please post the link(s).

thanks in advance

crankybaker 05-08-2013 10:58 AM

Re: GM Connected NHL 14

As a commish iin a bigish league I would have to agree with everything there.

The things I do to make things fun ie we have our own FB page where I post approved trades. I would love small features in the game like this just to add to the excitment. Also A winter classic and all star game would be fun.

I think custom rosters is a must, it just would be nice for the league to play out how everyone wants it.

Slow wait times and ai trading also needs to be addressed

blinky 05-08-2013 11:56 PM

Thanks for commenting CrankyB.

Could you share some information about your league?
What's your facebook page like?
How long has your league been running?

Did you encounter any issues other than the ones mentioned so far?

crankybaker 05-09-2013 04:51 PM

Yeah sure what sort of information would you like?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
This is our 2nd league, the other league ran for 5 seasons and after feeling out a few things and myself seeing things I didn't like we came up with a complete rule book for the new league. Luckily I have a good group of people that all agreed on the same things Ie cap on trading with AI team to promote more player trades and what not.<o:p></o:p>
The league name is Random aus and the other is <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">australia</st1:place></st1:country-region> gm connected. Yes we are Australian (insert Crocodile wrestling joke here)<o:p></o:p>
The FB page is really good well actually it is a group but same thing really. All the league rules are up there and everyone gets in and asks each other when they can play. All trades I approve before the sim I post on there in a picture form like on the NHL website, and really everyone just posts in it all day long it is great......It just would be great if we can link things from nhl 13 into a group like it does on my own page when I win games.<o:p></o:p>
Sorry about the long message plus it's 4am here so if nothing makes sense I apologize lol.<o:p></o:p>
As for problems there have been so many, Here is the main list.<o:p></o:p>
1. Players with 4.5/4 stars potential having an amazing season don't grow at all in overalls.<o:p></o:p>
2. random players being put on weavers after a sim, Thus far users have had players like Tavares cause the Cpu bought up a random player after a injury.<o:p></o:p>
3. Injuries occurring with simmed games are crazy<o:p></o:p>
4. what the CPU does to cover injuries is even worse IE i have had ben lovejoy rw <st1:City w:st="on">sidney</st1:City> <st1:place w:st="on">crosby</st1:place>.<o:p></o:p>
5. Slow menu<o:p></o:p>
6. trades that are approved not going through<o:p></o:p>
7. trades not approved or rejected get automatically approved<o:p></o:p>
8. No need to use back up goalies so in out league we have a rules of max games a goalie can play is 70<o:p></o:p>
9. Disconnects in games for no reason.<o:p></o:p>
10. line ups from time to time being in valid to play for no reason<o:p></o:p>
11. free agency contract wants by some players are just stupid.<o:p></o:p>
12. not really a problem but I noticed that Cpu team won't trade with other Cpu teams<o:p></o:p>
I am sure there are more problems but I just can’t think of them now.

noles367 05-10-2013 05:50 AM

While the mode is great, I think it needs a lot of work.

The custom rosters and sliders seem to be a must. It would be easy to implement or so it seems.

The progression system really needs changed. Guys go up or down at random. I understand its hard to correlate stats with progression. But it's all messed up. We're in year 3 and there are a lot of guys who have amazing puck skills (high 90's) who are super slow or just terrible at everything else.

The contract system needs to be reworked. Were kind of in the dark about a players interest except for years/dollars. Theres much more that goes into free agency than just that. Also would like to resign players mideseason to feel like a real GM. Maybe even no movement clauses.

Hopefully the presentation of the mode will improve. I'd like to be able to look at news and box scores and have a better feel for what is going on with my team, and others around the league. Maybe have like an NHL.com setup where you can access different info.

The award system could be improved. Name 3 finalists and have a ranking during the season of who is in the running. It's kinda lame you only get to see who wins at the end of the year.

I'd like to see coaches implemented. Even if they are generic, maybe make a system like HUT where they influence different attributes and also the chemistry of the team.

blinky 05-30-2013 10:00 AM

Bump.

Other than calling GM Connected Online Seasons in NHL 14, did EA do anything as far as improvements? Details please!

TDKing 05-30-2013 10:44 AM

Custom season length !!! 20/42/82:coola:

blinky 05-30-2013 11:08 AM

TDK, are you speculating? Or did you see a post confirming out of EA?

That's a good start. Hopefully more flexibility with rosters, fixed sliders and stats export would be fantastic.