Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB 2K Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   MLB 2K13 Roster Updates (/forums/showthread.php?t=629595)

ElSeniorLewLew 05-13-2013 10:41 PM

MLB 2K13 Roster Updates

This thread will have updated minor leagues and such. I do need some one to help me out. The work will be done with REDitor. So I need like 2-3 people to help me I will update the stats as the season goes along.

WaitTilNextYear 05-19-2013 01:49 AM

Re: MLB 2K13 Roster Updates

LOL, zero replies but someone thought enough to give this thread one star.....hmmmmm....seems like you have someone lurking on you, lol.

I did maybe the top ~150 prospects for personal use in my 'chise only, and it's not online, but I can let you know how I rated certain minor leaguers if you want to collaborate on that.

I didn't do any (well not many) living roster updates to real players because I didn't want to upset the balance of the game from the stock rosters. Also, using a month or 2 of stats to completely re-rate a player is too much roster micromanaging.

I did make a couple of edits on some guys who were ridiculously off. Donnie Murphy's power (70s..WAY too high), Andrew Brown's power (70s or 80s...WAY too high) Franklin Gutierrez's speed (92 is too much for him), and basically all of the pitch speeds were off. So I fixed that kind of stuff.

I don't have the time to do any roster projects, but feel free to PM me if you want to know how I rated any minor leaguers for your roster set.

phlups 05-19-2013 10:05 AM

Wish I could help you out but 3 businesses and a family are taking up all my free time....just get an hour or so at night to play. I remember the good old days when I used to spend my whole days doing rosters or playin games. Gettin older sux! :)

ElSeniorLewLew 05-19-2013 12:20 PM

I think I should be able to handle most of the work. I will be using mkharsh's ratings and transferring them with REDitor. I dont know how often I will supply updates but there will be offline links as well as online.

Also if you want a batting stance change or pitcher motion change just post it here also.

wudl83 05-19-2013 02:03 PM

Just curious: what will be the ratings that RA Dickey, Matt Cain or other struggling pitchers will get?

ElSeniorLewLew 05-19-2013 04:39 PM

I am not really doing the ratings, I am using MK's from his 2K12 file.
So it will be whatever MK wants to give them in his file. The reason I am not doing the ratings is I like the way MK does his and they will be better than what I could possibly do.

wudl83 05-20-2013 10:21 AM

Could you tell me about it when you got it? I simply want something to compare different rating methods. I do a PC roster and would like to compare my ratings to others.

phlups 05-20-2013 12:10 PM

Thanks for doin the work for us ElSeniorLewLew. Can't tell you how much my son and I appreciate the fact that you're willing to do this. MANY THANKS!!!!

mkharsh33 05-20-2013 12:37 PM

The ratings I use in MLB 2K12 will not be perfect - and I've never stated such - I don't have time to dive into all the righty/lefty splits, as that would take hours and hours of time to perfect. But I have a basic formula that I use to develop them where starters have a specific system - then closers - then bullpen guys. The batters use a scaled system where I start with an actual batting percentage, then use the attributes in the game to make comparable assessments to creating them. I have this written down on a notecard that I refer to, but do not have anything in an Excel format to be provided. Again, it's not perfect and I'm sure those who want to criticize it could find many reasons to do so, but it plays out well when I do simulated Franchise Modes, which is what we all pretty much want in the end. Just wanted to provide this information for you guys. Thanks.

ElSeniorLewLew 05-20-2013 10:05 PM

I am using a PC roster that had all the teams MLB-A on it and taking the players off there also for players that maybe wanted. but the MLB will be MK's ratings.

I wont have a file up for a little longer possible this weekend I will. (No promises) I still don't have the game thanks to shipping mishaps. I was suppose to have it a day after my first post. NOT very happy with UPS.

Oh and I just want to give a biggggggg thanks to MK for letting me use his ratings.

Also I forgot to put in the first post that this file is for XBOX 360

ElSeniorLewLew 05-21-2013 10:16 PM

If someone could supply a 2k13 roster file (preferably the latest one) so I can get started on the file. As my game wont be here for a little while longer.

wudl83 05-22-2013 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkharsh33 (Post 2045030604)
The ratings I use in MLB 2K12 will not be perfect - and I've never stated such - I don't have time to dive into all the righty/lefty splits, as that would take hours and hours of time to perfect. But I have a basic formula that I use to develop them where starters have a specific system - then closers - then bullpen guys. The batters use a scaled system where I start with an actual batting percentage, then use the attributes in the game to make comparable assessments to creating them. I have this written down on a notecard that I refer to, but do not have anything in an Excel format to be provided. Again, it's not perfect and I'm sure those who want to criticize it could find many reasons to do so, but it plays out well when I do simulated Franchise Modes, which is what we all pretty much want in the end. Just wanted to provide this information for you guys. Thanks.

I didn't want to criticize anything, I was simply curious on how other guys handle it.
For my part I used the updated Zips projections of fangraphs if somebody is interested in it. This worked quite well last year and this year it seems to work well again.
There will always be guys who will talk about ratings being too low or too high but as long as the roster creator has a basic guideline and doesn't give biased ratings everything is fine imo.

Herky 05-22-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wudl83 (Post 2045038242)
I didn't want to criticize anything, I was simply curious on how other guys handle it.
For my part I used the updated Zips projections of fangraphs if somebody is interested in it. This worked quite well last year and this year it seems to work well again.
There will always be guys who will talk about ratings being too low or too high but as long as the roster creator has a basic guideline and doesn't give biased ratings everything is fine imo.

Is that how you rate guy in the minors as well? Any specific formula you use?

wudl83 05-22-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herky (Post 2045038459)
Is that how you rate guy in the minors as well? Any specific formula you use?

Fangraphs has (updated) projected 2013 stats for every player with Major League appearances and (not updated) projected 2013 stats for every minor leaguer without Major League appearance. I have something like formulas, yes. I did set up the roster with a excel sheet which uses formulas to calculate ratings (using weighed stats from 2010-2012) and now I am going through the players and adjust them according to the updated Zips projections. Or did you want to ask me which formulas I am using?

Herky 05-22-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wudl83 (Post 2045038595)
Fangraphs has (updated) projected 2013 stats for every player with Major League appearances and (not updated) projected 2013 stats for every minor leaguer without Major League appearance. I have something like formulas, yes. I did set up the roster with a excel sheet which uses formulas to calculate ratings (using weighed stats from 2010-2012) and now I am going through the players and adjust them according to the updated Zips projections. Or did you want to ask me which formulas I am using?

Yes that is what I was trying to say but didn't make it clear. I understand if you don't want to reveal how you rate players but I have been trying to get the Cubs minor league teams right and have a hell of a time figuring out how to rate them. Especially pitchers in A ball. I've got all the guys added in, with birthday, skin tones, and mostly correct equipment/stances/deliveries, and have done my best with ratings, but I'm not totally happy with them.

I've seen your set on MVP Mods and like what you've done, but wasn't sure how you got the ratings.

wudl83 05-22-2013 01:47 PM

To be honest besides the Giant minor leaguers which hadn't played in the MLB the most minor leaguer's ratings were made of "guessing" since I tried to get the roster out asap. I started to go into minor league ratings a few days ago and have done 3 franchises right now.

Those are a few reference points (with some exceptions) I am using currently and until now I had not one single complaint about individual ratings:
*BATTERS*

AVG
99-95 34
94-90 32
89-85 30
84-80 29
79-75 28
74-70 27
69-65 25
64-60 24
59-55 22
54-50 20

ISO
Excellent 0.250 99
Great 0.200 89
Above Average 0.180 79
Average 0.145 69
Below Average 0.120 59
Poor 0.100 49
Awful 0.080 39

*PITCHERS*

AVG
99-95 20
94-90 21
89-85 23
84-80 24
79-75 25
74-70 26
69-65 27
64-60 28
59-55 29
54-50 30

HR/9
99-95 0,5
94-90 0,65
89-85 0,78
84-80 0,9
79-75 1
74-70 1,1
69-65 1,22
64-60 1,35
59-55 1,5
54-50 1,65

K/9 SP RP
99-95 10 14
94-90 9 13
89-85 8,6 11,8
84-80 8,2 10,6
79-75 7,8 9,4
74-70 7,4 8,2
69-65 7 7
64-60 6,6 6,2
59-55 6,1 5,4
54-50 5,5 4,6
49-45 5 3,8

BB/9
99-95 6,1
94-90 5,7
89-85 5,3
84-80 4,9
79-75 4,5
74-70 4,1
69-65 3,8
64-60 3,5
59-55 3
54-50 2,5
49-45 2
44-40 1,5
39-35 1

Except of ISO (for HR power) you got to read it "rating range" - "zip projected stat".
Using this scale and adjusting the ratings in this way I mostly get good results. Most minor leaguers get an OVR between 55-70 using this system.

If you got any other questions like pitch control or movement or split stats or something like that feel free to ask. I'd be glad to help out.

ElSeniorLewLew 05-22-2013 10:50 PM

I will start work on the file Friday.

wudl83 05-23-2013 07:42 AM

Some more insight regarding ratings.

1) Batters:
- Minor leaguers, especially younger prospects, tend to lack polished fielding, so mostly I give them ratings in the 50s and 60s (as far as they aren't CFs which have good range, or COFs with cannons, or have good instincts according to scouting reports, then these ratings will be in the range from 75-85)
- speed and acceleration go according scouting reports (50-60 bad, 60-70 mediocre, 70-80 normal, 80-90 speedsters, above 90 only the real Usain Bolts)
- regarding split stats I tend to favor the opposite site by 5-10 points on a random base since the lack of stats won't allow us to get deeper knowledge; example: someone is a right handed hitter and gets a projected contact of 60; since he is a right handed hitter I give him 64 contact vs. LHP and 56 contact vs. RHP;
- regarding doubles: some mental math (but it doesn't really take long, you just have to adjust to it and get used to it); if a guy has projected a double for every 5th hit (e.g. he has 40 projected hits and 8 doubles projected) the doubles rating is the same as the contact rating; if he is a double machine and doubles on every 4th hit, he gets a bonus of about 5 points to his contact rating, e.g. 25% of his hits are doubles and he gets a contact rating of 60, he will get a double rating of 65; the worse the double to hit ratio the more I reduce his contact rating for the doubles rating (if he only hits a double every 7th hit maybe he only will get about 52-55);
- regarding triples: many triples somewhere between 65-85, mediocre triples 45-65, triples are rarieties 35-45

2) Pitchers:
- split stats: opposite to batters: I tend to favor the pitchers when pitching against the same hand batters (e.g. I boost a RHP's contact vs RHB and decrease his contact against LHB); for starters the split difference will be between something like 0-8 and for relievers I often bump it to 8-15 (especially loogie types); for projected closers I tend to lower the difference to that of a starter (I know not the most accurate rating system but tell me another :D)
- for doubles I always set it the same as the contact, I neglect triples and set it to 25 (in fact it originally has been set to 25 in the basic 2k rosters in the game for all pitchers, don't know why)
- most difficult: pitches;
as far as you got a scouting report you can use the pitch types and the speed numbers from it, but I tend to distrust very high numbers (e.g. a lot of scouting reports say that prospects have cannons and fire fastballs between 95-100 mph all the time and then they get to MLB level and all you see is a low 90s FB at best);
the speed of curveballs, sliders and changeups often doesn't get any scouting information so I do them accordingly to their FB; e.g. you get a guy with a 92 mph FB, I tend to give him a slider between 80-84, a changeup between 80-84 and a curveball between 76-80 (as long as the scouting reports tell us that the guy will have these pitches); if there isn't any scouting information I tend to give every player a FB, some kind of breaking pitch and maybe a changeup on a random base;
regarding command it's not so easy; as far as the scouting reports tell us he has good command or control of a certain pitch I tend to give the certain pitch a control rating anywhere between 55-70 (A+ guys may get a 55, the AAA guy who already is on the brink of being called up will get a 70 for his pitch); the worse the scouting report regarding his control, the worse the rating; regarding movement I do it mainly based on scouting reports, too; good movement something between 65 and 80 (most minor leaguers lack command, not movement) and again, the worse the movement according to a scouting report, the worse the movement rating;
- stamina: depends on how many innings a pitcher can go and if he is projected as a starter or not; when a guy averages 1 IP per game (according to projections) I will give him something between 45-50, the more innings he pitches the higher his stamina (relievers don't get more than 59, starters at least 60 but not higher than 75 since they are prospects and lack arm-stamina), loogies e.g. get something between 30-40 since they aren't used to pitch often;
- composure: the rating scale I use here is between 45-75; 45 for guys with really bad composure, 75 for guys with high composure who could already pitch in the MLB without getting rattled by only giving up a single; therefore I use the LOB%; when a guy has 70% LOB then I will give him something like 65, the more his LOB% is above 70, the more the boost will be to 65 (e.g. he got 73% LOB projected, he will get something like 70-72); the more his LOB% is below 65, the more the decrease will be from 65

- potential: only a few guys get 5 stars, some more guys get 4 stars, most get 3 stars (I don't give 2 stars)

I know that this may sound confusing and strange and maybe you think that this is really time consuming. To be honest it isn't. I am used to it and I know everything more or less by hart (besides the stats I posted above).

ElSeniorLewLew 05-23-2013 08:47 PM

Also tell me what your favorite team is so I can get there MiLB done first

ElSeniorLewLew 05-23-2013 11:46 PM

Ok so I am going to wait until I get the game to start my work. There is just way to many in game changes I have to make. Im sorry but I will try to get my first file out ASAP.

Also I have decided to do an update weekly to biweekly on the file.

phlups 05-24-2013 10:22 AM

Thanks again for doing this ElSeniorLewLew, your hard work is GREATLY appreciated by the offline community!!

Mephiskapheles 05-24-2013 11:02 PM

There was a guy on here that used mk's roster for 2k12 and just ported it for 2k13. I don't know how he did it, and since it was 2k12 it was missing some portraits, but that may be an easier, less time consuming method.

ElSeniorLewLew 05-27-2013 05:20 PM

Sorry I have been gone for the weekend.

And I know about the ported roster, but I dont want the errors that were in that file in this one so I will start work whenever I can.

ElSeniorLewLew 05-28-2013 07:39 PM

I will not be able to start for quite awhile. One of my siblings bought me the game, but will not send it for some reason with the UPS over where she is.

I apologize for all of this I should have waited until I had the game to start the thread about the roster.

dcourcelles 06-01-2013 07:21 PM

Hey there. I have an xbox 360 and I am trying to update my player portraits for mlb 2k13. I have downloaded horizon and modio and have the portrait.cdf and portrait.iff files but have no idea how to input them into the game. I have a flash drive formatted for xbox 360 and I have a current mlb roster file on there but I have no idea what to do next. I know this may not be completely relevant to this forum but if you could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

ElSeniorLewLew 06-01-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcourcelles (Post 2045073872)
Hey there. I have an xbox 360 and I am trying to update my player portraits for mlb 2k13. I have downloaded horizon and modio and have the portrait.cdf and portrait.iff files but have no idea how to input them into the game. I have a flash drive formatted for xbox 360 and I have a current mlb roster file on there but I have no idea what to do next. I know this may not be completely relevant to this forum but if you could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I dont think that with the xbox game that you can add portraits that arent already on the game.

themistro24 06-03-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElSeniorLewLew (Post 2045056303)
Sorry I have been gone for the weekend.

And I know about the ported roster, but I dont want the errors that were in that file in this one so I will start work whenever I can.

Lew - Can you please post your "original" file on 2kshare? Or perhaps someone else can do it on your behalf if you don't have it.

I know it has errors, I want to see what it looks like and maybe do my own thing. Many thanks to you and MK.

ElSeniorLewLew 06-03-2013 07:25 PM

I did not actually do the file it was someone else from MK's Roster forum. I think it was TVman but I am not sure so you can check with him and see how he did it.

dcourcelles 06-03-2013 07:29 PM

apparently you can do portraits on mlb 2k13 cause mvp mods have one and they did it but they dont say how to do it. Im confused on which files to replace and apparently its worked for a lot of people but no one shows how lol

ElSeniorLewLew 06-03-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcourcelles (Post 2045080344)
apparently you can do portraits on mlb 2k13 cause mvp mods have one and they did it but they dont say how to do it. Im confused on which files to replace and apparently its worked for a lot of people but no one shows how lol

I am pretty sure that all of the files on MVP Mods are for PC though. But I will try to figure it out for you.

ElSeniorLewLew 06-17-2013 02:47 PM

Ok great news my game should be here no later than Thursday. I am sorry for the delay. I am also now out of school and will have more time for the file.

Things to keep in mind:
1. The first file upload will probably be up next week early.

2. AAA will be correct as far as the roster goes

3. After the file is going I will start to get AA player done as well.

ElSeniorLewLew 06-19-2013 12:59 PM

also forgot to say that this roster is for xbox

ElSeniorLewLew 06-24-2013 12:27 PM

I have the game now and will start to work on the file.

phlups 06-25-2013 11:58 AM

Thanks for doing this hard work ElSeniorLewLew. We really appreciate it! Looking forward to your roster!

ElSeniorLewLew 06-25-2013 12:16 PM

I will have a beta with all of the AL West done today.

I have also decided to instead of doing weekly full updates I will just do the transactions every couple of days and at the beginning of each month I will update attributes with MK's file from 2K12.

ElSeniorLewLew 06-25-2013 11:09 PM

There is a file with just the AL West completed on 2K Share

ElSeniorLewLew 06-26-2013 11:11 AM

I think I found a way to make as many created players as I want with a reditor trick!!!!!!!!

ElSeniorLewLew 06-28-2013 03:39 PM

I ran into an issue where every time I play against or with the White Sox the game freezes so I need people to try it with there games

Gdubbz 07-02-2013 01:51 PM

SeniorLewLew,

I'm using your rosters. Is there any way you can do some work on the Rays AAA team? Add guys like Hak-Ju Lee and Tim Beckham etc? :y2:

ElSeniorLewLew 07-03-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gdubbz (Post 2045193058)
SeniorLewLew,

I'm using your rosters. Is there any way you can do some work on the Rays AAA team? Add guys like Hak-Ju Lee and Tim Beckham etc? :y2:

I will start on AAA teams after I get done with the next update that is taking me awhile. I need to create some more players right now. But will get done after my favorite team AAA is done. Which I have mostly created.