Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB 2K Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   MLB 2K13 Roster Updates (/forums/showthread.php?t=629595)

ElSeniorLewLew 05-22-2013 10:50 PM

Re: MLB 2K13 Roster Updates

I will start work on the file Friday.

wudl83 05-23-2013 07:42 AM

Some more insight regarding ratings.

1) Batters:
- Minor leaguers, especially younger prospects, tend to lack polished fielding, so mostly I give them ratings in the 50s and 60s (as far as they aren't CFs which have good range, or COFs with cannons, or have good instincts according to scouting reports, then these ratings will be in the range from 75-85)
- speed and acceleration go according scouting reports (50-60 bad, 60-70 mediocre, 70-80 normal, 80-90 speedsters, above 90 only the real Usain Bolts)
- regarding split stats I tend to favor the opposite site by 5-10 points on a random base since the lack of stats won't allow us to get deeper knowledge; example: someone is a right handed hitter and gets a projected contact of 60; since he is a right handed hitter I give him 64 contact vs. LHP and 56 contact vs. RHP;
- regarding doubles: some mental math (but it doesn't really take long, you just have to adjust to it and get used to it); if a guy has projected a double for every 5th hit (e.g. he has 40 projected hits and 8 doubles projected) the doubles rating is the same as the contact rating; if he is a double machine and doubles on every 4th hit, he gets a bonus of about 5 points to his contact rating, e.g. 25% of his hits are doubles and he gets a contact rating of 60, he will get a double rating of 65; the worse the double to hit ratio the more I reduce his contact rating for the doubles rating (if he only hits a double every 7th hit maybe he only will get about 52-55);
- regarding triples: many triples somewhere between 65-85, mediocre triples 45-65, triples are rarieties 35-45

2) Pitchers:
- split stats: opposite to batters: I tend to favor the pitchers when pitching against the same hand batters (e.g. I boost a RHP's contact vs RHB and decrease his contact against LHB); for starters the split difference will be between something like 0-8 and for relievers I often bump it to 8-15 (especially loogie types); for projected closers I tend to lower the difference to that of a starter (I know not the most accurate rating system but tell me another :D)
- for doubles I always set it the same as the contact, I neglect triples and set it to 25 (in fact it originally has been set to 25 in the basic 2k rosters in the game for all pitchers, don't know why)
- most difficult: pitches;
as far as you got a scouting report you can use the pitch types and the speed numbers from it, but I tend to distrust very high numbers (e.g. a lot of scouting reports say that prospects have cannons and fire fastballs between 95-100 mph all the time and then they get to MLB level and all you see is a low 90s FB at best);
the speed of curveballs, sliders and changeups often doesn't get any scouting information so I do them accordingly to their FB; e.g. you get a guy with a 92 mph FB, I tend to give him a slider between 80-84, a changeup between 80-84 and a curveball between 76-80 (as long as the scouting reports tell us that the guy will have these pitches); if there isn't any scouting information I tend to give every player a FB, some kind of breaking pitch and maybe a changeup on a random base;
regarding command it's not so easy; as far as the scouting reports tell us he has good command or control of a certain pitch I tend to give the certain pitch a control rating anywhere between 55-70 (A+ guys may get a 55, the AAA guy who already is on the brink of being called up will get a 70 for his pitch); the worse the scouting report regarding his control, the worse the rating; regarding movement I do it mainly based on scouting reports, too; good movement something between 65 and 80 (most minor leaguers lack command, not movement) and again, the worse the movement according to a scouting report, the worse the movement rating;
- stamina: depends on how many innings a pitcher can go and if he is projected as a starter or not; when a guy averages 1 IP per game (according to projections) I will give him something between 45-50, the more innings he pitches the higher his stamina (relievers don't get more than 59, starters at least 60 but not higher than 75 since they are prospects and lack arm-stamina), loogies e.g. get something between 30-40 since they aren't used to pitch often;
- composure: the rating scale I use here is between 45-75; 45 for guys with really bad composure, 75 for guys with high composure who could already pitch in the MLB without getting rattled by only giving up a single; therefore I use the LOB%; when a guy has 70% LOB then I will give him something like 65, the more his LOB% is above 70, the more the boost will be to 65 (e.g. he got 73% LOB projected, he will get something like 70-72); the more his LOB% is below 65, the more the decrease will be from 65

- potential: only a few guys get 5 stars, some more guys get 4 stars, most get 3 stars (I don't give 2 stars)

I know that this may sound confusing and strange and maybe you think that this is really time consuming. To be honest it isn't. I am used to it and I know everything more or less by hart (besides the stats I posted above).

ElSeniorLewLew 05-23-2013 08:47 PM

Also tell me what your favorite team is so I can get there MiLB done first

ElSeniorLewLew 05-23-2013 11:46 PM

Ok so I am going to wait until I get the game to start my work. There is just way to many in game changes I have to make. Im sorry but I will try to get my first file out ASAP.

Also I have decided to do an update weekly to biweekly on the file.

phlups 05-24-2013 10:22 AM

Thanks again for doing this ElSeniorLewLew, your hard work is GREATLY appreciated by the offline community!!

Mephiskapheles 05-24-2013 11:02 PM

There was a guy on here that used mk's roster for 2k12 and just ported it for 2k13. I don't know how he did it, and since it was 2k12 it was missing some portraits, but that may be an easier, less time consuming method.

ElSeniorLewLew 05-27-2013 05:20 PM

Sorry I have been gone for the weekend.

And I know about the ported roster, but I dont want the errors that were in that file in this one so I will start work whenever I can.

ElSeniorLewLew 05-28-2013 07:39 PM

I will not be able to start for quite awhile. One of my siblings bought me the game, but will not send it for some reason with the UPS over where she is.

I apologize for all of this I should have waited until I had the game to start the thread about the roster.