Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   what do you think about custom playbooks in online leagues for m25? (/forums/showthread.php?t=634016)

howboutdat 05-29-2013 03:52 PM

what do you think about custom playbooks in online leagues for m25?

so i am curious, what are peoples thoughts on allowing custom playbooks in online leagues? i hear some valid complaints about the idea of this being an option in an online league , like people filling their books with mainly "money plays" . at same time a real coach gets to put the plays he likes in his own playbook, so it seems like people should have that option. so what are some of you guys thoughts about this issue ? should custom playbooks be allowed in SIM leagues?

Helios12787 05-29-2013 06:13 PM

Re: what do you think about custom playbooks in online leagues for m25?

I would love for Madden to be balanced well enough to allow for it in the leagues I'm in, but sadly that won't happen.

Every year there are a handful of formations or plays or schemes that are just better than the rest, and if you allowed full custom playbooks with no rules in terms of what can be in them, it'd be very annoying to play with / against in a sim league.

I can see it now with every play consisting of nothing but draws, counters, and stretch plays. Then nothing but compressed sets / other highly used passing formations / plays.

Just a headache that I don't want to deal with in my leagues, since we are big on play variety and it is hard enough getting people to do that with normal, unmodified playbooks.

infemous 05-29-2013 11:24 PM

Yes.

If the league is full of sim owners it shouldn't be an issue.

Just boot any hidden cheesers who abuse it.

howboutdat 05-30-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infemous (Post 2045065500)
Yes.

If the league is full of sim owners it shouldn't be an issue.

Just boot any hidden cheesers who abuse it.

well , i mean , that sounds good. However how could you tell someone was abusing it?just seems alittle harder to actually prove that , than you make it sound to me.

roll2tide 05-30-2013 09:51 AM

The older I get the more strongly I feel that when it comes to SIM leagues you should do less rule making when possible and more correcting behavior. Institute a complaint form for your league if you need to so you can track who complians, what they complain about, and who they complain about.

Boot the problems. Allow your sim owners to enjoy the full options that the game gives you.

mestevo 05-30-2013 11:00 AM

Sure why not, but also bring in some of the scouting elements, and on the website for the game have it list the playbooks used for a game. Taking that a step further (but it's a slippery slope) could either make the playbook browsable, or perhaps only display any plays that were called or audibled to over a certain threshold as a kind of scouting mechanism. Xyz play called 4 times, audibled to 14 times... allows for some policing opportunities.

Generally don't bother wish custom playbooks or have to deal with others using them myself, so /shrug otherwise.

m1ke_nyc 05-30-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roll2tide (Post 2045066339)
The older I get the more strongly I feel that when it comes to SIM leagues you should do less rule making when possible and more correcting behavior. Institute a complaint form for your league if you need to so you can track who complians, what they complain about, and who they complain about.

Boot the problems. Allow your sim owners to enjoy the full options that the game gives you.

Well said. Been saying it for years all these rules sim leagues come up with actually make the game not sim.

howboutdat 05-30-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratedmoney (Post 2045066547)
Well said. Been saying it for years all these rules sim leagues come up with actually make the game not sim.

if there want so many ai problems with the game, there wouldnt be a need for so many rules in sim leagues. alot of things are much easier said than done.