Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Hockey (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Fate of Coyotes decided in 2 decades(?) (/forums/showthread.php?t=637923)

Money99 06-14-2013 08:13 AM

Fate of Coyotes decided in 2 decades(?)

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...nclick_check=1

Quote:

Commissioner Gary Bettman said time was running short on the city of Glendale. He said “stuff’s gonna happen” in the next two weeks. He even tossed out the visual of a boarded-up Jobing.com Arena.
Quote:

The NHL is done running this franchise. The tough words have brought transparency to their relationship with Glendale. Bettman wouldn’t talk about his options, but Seattle and Quebec City are believed to be lurking threats. A report from Seattle said the chilling system and ice-making equipment are currently operational at KeyArena, meaning that city temporarily could house a hockey team next season.
IF (and that's a big if) the NHL decides to move from Glendale, Seattle will be teh destination, not Quebec or Toronto.
The NHL knows QC and Toronto can and will pay a huge amount for expansion fee's but Seattle probably won't or can't.

Still, I highly doubt the Coyotes are moved.

BunnyHardaway 06-14-2013 09:36 AM

re: Fate of Coyotes decided in 2 decades(?)

They've been saying "two weeks" for the past two years.

pietasterp 06-14-2013 10:34 AM

Will have to take the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach here...

ImTellinTim 06-14-2013 10:42 AM

I thought the deal with Seattle was "No NBA, No NHL".

thedudedominick 06-14-2013 10:58 AM

Pretty sure the reason the NHL will move them to Seattle before anywhere else is trying to avoid a big realignment fiasco again.

yankeesgiants 06-14-2013 12:58 PM

here is another team that should be on the move. Bet they dont sellout this package.

http://panthers.nhl.com/

Coug00 06-14-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedudedominick (Post 2045120751)
Pretty sure the reason the NHL will move them to Seattle before anywhere else is trying to avoid a big realignment fiasco again.

Key Arena is a horrendous NHL arena and it's probably another 4-5 years before the new arena is built. I think Seattle is just a leverage point to finally get a permanent solution in Glendale.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

thedudedominick 06-14-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeesgiants (Post 2045121088)
here is another team that should be on the move. Bet they dont sellout this package.

http://panthers.nhl.com/

If I lived in the area I would be all over that.

Hell I had season tickets to an ECHL team last season. I just love seeing live hockey.