Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA 2K14 - What the 2K Team-Up Members Thought of the New Blocking System (/forums/showthread.php?t=649681)

Steve_OS 08-06-2013 02:22 PM

NBA 2K14 - What the 2K Team-Up Members Thought of the New Blocking System

With 2K Sports announcing a new blocking system in NBA 2K14 earlier today, the 2K Team-Up guys were given the green light to give more details on it, based off of what they played at the 2K Team-Up event they attended last Friday.

Obviously, the videos show NBA 2K13 gameplay, but each person gives their own unique take on the blocking system.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/C-xqbeoFufg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a video from QJBeat.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lS-04IgZcAA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a video from @ShakeDown2012.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VbnA4U3_eIs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a video from @Shake4ndBake.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RB7awJoSbEs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a video from @YMDgento.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/q7Pj4kHeXAg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a video from @SubTheGamer.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Gl9uA6HWX9U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a video from @IpodKingCarter.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Pk49i9DeFRE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a video from @Chris_Smoove (Not a member of the 2K Team-Up this year, but offers his thoughts)

JerzeyReign 08-06-2013 02:24 PM

Re: NBA 2K14 - Blocking Dunks (Videos From 2K Team-Up Members)

You're too fast with this - I'm going to start calling you Super Steve haha.

Hopefully they are dropping more than just blocked dunks today though. Maybe they have some more defensive improvements.

xRobertitox 08-06-2013 02:35 PM

I wouldn't want anyone that plays the way he does having any input in the game.

*Judging solely by the video above, haven't seen any other.*

But the announcement is good. Have very fond memories of blocking many dunks in 2K9

Slava Medvadenko 08-06-2013 03:12 PM

Team up guys: If you do not block the dunk on a block attempt, would you impede the momentum of the dunker or alter his dunk into a layup, or will he still mow through you 2k13-style if you fail to block the dunk? Its nice that dunk blocking is back(and never should have left), but is there any consequence from defending a dunk other than blocking?

MakePlaysOrDie 08-06-2013 03:22 PM

Hopefully this gets rid of the unstoppable spin dunk in the paint.

Steve_OS 08-06-2013 03:49 PM

Updated OP w/ more videos from 2K Team-Up guys.

lockdownD 08-06-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slava Medvadenko (Post 2045324900)
Team up guys: If you do not block the dunk on a block attempt, would you impede the momentum of the dunker or alter his dunk into a layup, or will he still mow through you 2k13-style if you fail to block the dunk? Its nice that dunk blocking is back(and never should have left), but is there any consequence from defending a dunk other than blocking?

That's what I would be interested in knowing as well. I'm curious what kind of various contact/collision animations mid-air on dunk attempts there are if there isn't a block. In 2k13, I didn't have a huge problem not being able to block dunks, rather I had a huge problem with defensive positioning not being respected and getting slid or moved out of the way on dunks and other combo moves and not having proper contact/collision animations.

Vni 08-06-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slava Medvadenko (Post 2045324900)

This is the time of the year when everything is fixed. Game is flawless at this point. Only time will tell. Really.