Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Wrestling (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   WWE 2K14 Videos - Gameplay Livestream (/forums/showthread.php?t=652514)

goh 08-16-2013 03:55 PM

WWE 2K14 Videos - Gameplay Livestream

2K Sports streamed WWE 2K14 gameplay earlier today. If you missed it, check it out in the above videos or click here.

What are your thoughts?

UMhester04 08-16-2013 04:00 PM

Re: WWE 2K14

Looks like the AI got no upgrades lol. Well maybe a little, but when Daniel Bryan was controlled by the user and Cena was AI, Cena literally got 3 moves of offense in on the user and Daniel Bryan reversed 95% of the moves. Also, this was supposedly on Hard difficulty.

Damnit.

I'm hoping sliders and attribute adjustments will fix this.

bigbob 08-16-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UMhester04 (Post 2045358502)
Looks like the AI got no upgrades lol. Well maybe a little, but when Daniel Bryan was controlled by the user and Cena was AI, Cena literally got 3 moves of offense in on the user and Daniel Bryan reversed 95% of the moves. Also, this was supposedly on Hard difficulty.

So, the game is pretty much exactly how they would fight in real life?

If anyone was watching the Stream, the game looked a little smoother. I was surprised at how well Ryback's Launch Finisher looked.

UMhester04 08-16-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbob (Post 2045358511)
So, the game is pretty much exactly how they would fight in real life?

If anyone was watching the Stream, the game looked a little smoother. I was surprised at how well Ryback's Launch Finisher looked.

Aside from the fact that the 3 moves he got in were the same exact running clothesline lol. I thought the movement and stuff looked great but if the AI is incompetent again it's really gonna blow.

I also loved the sound of the ring. Last year it was just a low thud, but this year it sounds like someone is getting slammed. Good stuff.

EDIT: About the catapult finishers - my eyes got wide when Bryan was talking about the catching finishers never being seen, I thought he was going to say that they fixed the AI so they go up-top more often. Instead, he just mentioned that they added in the catapult finishers.

Didn't like that at all - why not fix the AI? I like the addition of the catapults, but still you should fix the AI so we see the catching finishers too...

RaiRaiFromPSN 08-16-2013 04:41 PM

I'm not a fan of RyBerg, but his entrance is pretty freaking awesome. The gameplay looks nice too.

PVarck31 08-16-2013 06:37 PM

Re: WWE 2K14 Video - Gameplay Livestream

I saw some improvements. Wasn't expecting too much to change anyway. It did look like the AI was a little more aggressive though. Especially in the Ziggler/Ryback match.

Also it seemed to be soother. Some animations looked better. But I can't wait for the next-gen debut next year.

RaiRaiFromPSN 08-16-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PVarck31 (Post 2045358897)
I saw some improvements. Wasn't expecting too much to change anyway. It did look like the AI was a little more aggressive though. Especially in the Ziggler/Ryback match.

That was only on quick too, so maybe the ai will be very aggressive on epic or normal match experience.:)

CaliDude916 08-16-2013 07:56 PM

LOVED what I saw. Can't wait.