Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Top Rated Defensive Players in Madden NFL 25 (/forums/showthread.php?t=653318)

imskykid 08-19-2013 11:14 PM

Top Rated Defensive Players in Madden NFL 25

EA Sports has posted the top rated defensive players in Madden NFL 25. Below are their overall ratings. The full defensive ratings will most likely arrive on Tuesday.
  • Defensive Line - J.J. Watt (99) Wake (97) Atkins (97) Wilkerson (96) Ware (94)
  • Linebackers - Miller (97) Willis (97) Smith (95) Matthews (95) Briggs (94)
  • Secondary - Revis (97) Sherman (96) Weddle (96) Tillman (95) Byrd (95)
Just in case you missed them, here are the ratings for every offensive player in Madden NFL 25.

ggsimmonds 08-19-2013 11:21 PM

Re: Madden 25 Top Defensive Players (Video)

Have they still not released the spreadsheet for defense

imskykid 08-19-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggsimmonds (Post 2045369708)
Have they still not released the spreadsheet for defense

I don't see it on their website. When they released the offensive ratings video, it took a while before they released the spreadsheet.

ggsimmonds 08-19-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imskykid (Post 2045369677)

I'm usually not one to complain about ratings because OVR doesn't mean much, but DeMarcus Ware is rated a 94 and below Muhammed Wilkerson? That seems off. When's the last time Ware was even below 95 OVR? Dude had 11.5 sacks last year with one arm.

My guess is that it is due to him playing a new position this season. He is now a 4-3 DE. His individual ratings probably have not changed, what has changed is the formula for calculating overall is different for a DE.

also remember how overalls change in franchise due to schemes. Start a franchise with Dallas and his overall probably goes up.

imskykid 08-19-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggsimmonds (Post 2045369760)
My guess is that it is due to him playing a new position this season. He is now a 4-3 DE. His individual ratings probably have not changed, what has changed is the formula for calculating overall is different for a DE.

also remember how overalls change in franchise due to schemes. Start a franchise with Dallas and his overall probably goes up.

I'm sure that's why he dropped, and I'm obviously biased. I guess I just didn't think it would drop that much... if anything he should be lower as a OLB than a DE since pass rushing is his forte. Now instead of occasionally having to drop back in coverage, he gets to do what he does best every down.

Homer prediction: he'll be 98 before the end of the season.

MeltedSkink 08-19-2013 11:38 PM

Really surprised by Wilkerson, he's a really good player but EA normally only recognizes the players that put up big numbers.

adriano 08-20-2013 01:59 AM

Re: Top Rated Defensive Players in Madden NFL 25

Weddle 96?

He is solid, but 96 is Troy Polamalu, Bob Sanders in their
prime type of rating. Solid player but I think 96 is too high

Ware dropped a few points. Not a bad rating, I think its fair.
He was hurt last year which slowed his production down
at the end of the season. Plus the switch.. I thought he would
be rated lower..

I also think he will be back at 98 by the end of the season.
He has been in the backfield in every game so far this
preseason. Not just sacks, running plays too.. I am excited
to see the full defense play..

Blue Ninja 08-20-2013 02:03 AM

Re: Top Rated Defensive Players in Madden NFL 25

Ware had 10 sacks in first 7-8 games last season I believe. Only had 1.5 for the second half of the season. Pretty sure he was playing with one arm. He's definitely not a lesser caliber player than any other pass rushers in the league and should not be rated lower than anybody in the league as a defensive end. Especially in Tampa 2 scheme.