Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 25 - Player Popularity in Connected Franchise, Brady & RGIII Most Popular (/forums/showthread.php?t=654224)

Steve_OS 08-23-2013 09:35 AM

Madden NFL 25 - Player Popularity in Connected Franchise, Brady & RGIII Most Popular

Quote:

Every NFL team has players on their roster that are loved and adored by fans, and in Madden NFL 25 that is expressed in terms of a popularity rating. For instance, Tom Brady is easily one of the most popular and identifiable players in the league, so his popularity rating tops the scales at a 99. Other top players include Robert Griffin III (99), Colin Kaepernick (95), Russell Wilson (93) and Patrick Willis (91).

Source - Player Popularity in Connected Franchise (EA Sports)

SWynn 08-23-2013 10:12 AM

Re: Madden NFL 25 - Player Popularity in Connected Franchise

I wonder how this will work with draft classes. You have to think that the "storyline players" will have a higher popularity rating.

lightning_78 08-23-2013 12:59 PM

Re: Madden NFL 25 - Player Popularity in Connected Franchise

I like that they implemented popularity, but I'm curious as to if the rating is dynamic? As in guys like Tom Brady who probably would have entered the league with a low popularity rating due to his 6th RD pick status only to become Super Bowl MVP a few seasons later.

Also do popularity/personality ratings increase and decrease throughout a player's career? Guys like LaDainian Tomlinson who probably would've had a 95-99 popularity during his time in San Diego but probably would've dropped to the mid 80's during his final season with the Jets.

This could be a very fun feature if implemented correctly, I just hope EA took it to the next level and made it right.

cbearsfreak 08-26-2013 05:31 PM

Does this mean you're like 15 years in the CFM and it's become complete fantasy, will the most popular player on your team (Like some dude named Connor Holmes or Kian McKenzie from last year) have their jersey show up in the stands? No matter how small this is, I've wanted this feature for YEARS

Yeah...THAT Guy 08-26-2013 05:42 PM

Re: Madden NFL 25 - Player Popularity in Connected Franchise, Brady & RGIII Most Popu

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbearsfreak (Post 2045393113)
Does this mean you're like 15 years in the CFM and it's become complete fantasy, will the most popular player on your team (Like some dude named Connor Holmes or Kian McKenzie from last year) have their jersey show up in the stands? No matter how small this is, I've wanted this feature for YEARS

I would imagine so. And they definitely had player's jerseys in the stands in cut scenes and stuff as recent as Madden 11 I believe. I vividly remember my Boston Browns jerseys being worn by fans during cut scenes, and it was almost always my star RB or my star safety's jerseys.