Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Official Madden 25 How's Your CFM Going? (/forums/showthread.php?t=656190)

Zac 08-29-2013 03:29 AM

How is your CFM going?

I really liked this topic in the NCAA boards, and it was very popular, still is actually. I like to read up on the crazy experiences everyone else is having, and I am sure others on here do to. So Lets have it!

----

I'll start. I started my first CFM today that I will actually be playing. I've done many over the last few days testing things and just playing around. But now its time to get serious.

I created a new owner (since I went with an ex player, I named him Warren Moon) and choose the Titans. I then promptly moved them to Houston to restore the Oilers. I then went a little crazy cleaning up the roster. Trading away anyone who was a large cap hit. I also simulated the entire first season. Because I was hoping to go in the toilet and get a top 3 pick. However that did not happen.

We won the AFC South with a 9-7 record. Tied with the Texans, but having the tie breaker. Ended up playing the Raiders at home in the wild card round. Lost (sim'd also) by 21 points. Chiefs beat the 49ers in the super bowl 31-17. Pretty crazy year overall. Manning was the season MVP. Not sure who the rookie of the year was, don't remember seeing any news about that.

In the offseason I traded Jake Locker (84 ovr) to Dallas for their #4 pick and my first rounder for 2015. Romo retired after the season and I was shocked they made the trade. I wanted a fresh start for the new team. So I then continued to go nuts again clearing out the roster. I traded a 90 ovr rated RT (who was 31, and dropped to 85 the follow season) to Arizona for their first round, #6 pick. Along with my second round next year and fourth round this year.

I then drafted with the #4 pick a QB, Derrek Glass from Oklahoma St. He was the #2 rated QB in the draft. Came in at a 82 ovr, but dropped to a 79 ovr in my scheme. Speaking of I moved from a west coast to balanced offense after firing the HC and hiring a zombie coach with a higher level. Which appears to be pointless by the way. However I hired him only based on his name. Garry Star. Moon and Star. They are both zombies. Any way, I then took a LE with the #6 pick, Zak Zike. Who was projected to go #1, but kept falling. I had not scouted him, but I figured since he was being touted as #1 I would take him. Singing day said he was an 86 ovr. In my Attacking 3-4 however he is a 71! His preferred scheme is a Tampa 2. Hmm.

I kept Chris Johnson, and the rest of the starting O-line from the Titans. Everyone on defense was either a backup for the Titans or a FA pickup. Along with some other draft picks. Team is middle of the road now. But I am building for the future. Not for the right now. Currently rated at 76.

Played the first pre season game tonight after spending all day just managing the first season. Beat the Jets in NJ 30-22. Was a pretty good game. And it was really cool playing with the Oilers unis.

Other news around the league. Ryan Fitzpatrick is now a Jet. Mark Sanchez is on FA list. Tony Gonzalez retired. Drew Brees retired also. Dallas coach Garret(?) was fired and hired by the Jets. Rex Ryan was fired and hired by the Jags. Don't know what happened to their old coach. And a bunch more, I can't remember, its late and I am tired. I'll post more tomorrow. That is if this doesn't get locked down or ignored.

:cheers444

nwfdwill 08-29-2013 06:14 AM

Re: How is your CFM going?

I'm somewhat doing the same thing as you. I wanted to gut a team and move them, so I chose the Steelers since I can get some good trade value for the old timers. I'm moving the team to Brooklyn to bring back the Dodgers. I just started the process, so I'll post more when I'm more awake. I also plan on simming the first year and hoping fora high pick.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4

..GameOver.. 08-29-2013 07:11 AM

I am running an online CFM as well as an offline CFM. The online CFM we did a fantasy draft, which I did not participate in. I picked up the Redskins and they have RGIII, A.J. Green, and Bradshaw. I also have a really nice line so I have been satisfied on offense, for the most part. The guy who is running the league is skipping weeks like crazy. Regardless, I just played him and eeked out a win 36-24 sealing the win with a pick. I have the computer next but the servers are down right now for maintenance. :signball:

My offline CFM, I rolled with the Raiders and decided to go into complete rebuild mode. I traded and refused to negotiate with all expiring contracts at the end of the season with exception to a few players. I ended up moving the team to London and named my team the Black Knights because that won the popular vote. In the draft, I ended up setting up my offense for the future. I grabbed a tight end who I often line up as a wide out because the dude plays like one. I grabbed a running back named Pablo Parker who I am really enjoying using. I also grabbed more of a west coast quarterback in the 5th round, who is surprisingly decent. I am 1-0 in the regular season after moving to London in a close game against the Packers, 27-23.

Gronk4M13 08-29-2013 07:20 AM

32 team control Owner mode, but focused on the Raiders. Am I going to start Flynn or Pryor? The answer is neither. I'm starting the rookie Tyler Wilson. With Mychal Rivera and Nick Kasa, two rookie tight ends, splitting starting snaps, as well as Sio Moore and DJ Hayden starting on defense, this team is young. Go check this out in the dynasty forum: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...en-25-a-9.html

miz468 08-29-2013 07:53 AM

I'll go in more detail later when I'm at my 360, but I created an owner (lifelong fan) and moved the Raiders to London and made them the London Bulldogs. Simmed the first season and went 6-10, traded up into top 5 and picked up QB Keyon Bates out of Oregon. I fired Dennis Allen and hired Jimmy Johnson when he came out of retirement. Also signed Ray Lewis out of retirement.

My team is struggling this year, mainly because Bates and Denarius Moore got hurt for 6 and 8 weeks respectively in my opening game, and McFadden went down for five weeks in Week 2. I'll post my roster and stuff later on.

BCJMU99 08-29-2013 08:35 AM

I'm doing two, one as the owner of the Bills (soon to be Brooklyn Beats :tongue:) and another as the Eagles within the same CFM. I just got through the preseason and about to start the regular season. Lots of moves being made for depth for the Bills with folks getting cut from the waiver wire. Also a lot of GOOD players being cut by teams as well (BJ Raji, Dom Peko, Pat Angerer).

mundial1345 08-29-2013 10:05 AM

I'm also doing an CF owner with the Bills (using armor and swords sliders). We lost the first pre season game to the colts 28-9 but the biggest loss of the night was Fred Jackson going down with a broken collarbone, he'll be out 8 weeks. It was actually a lot closer game then it look like on paper, kevin kolb threw a pick that led to points and then was strip sacked late in the game allowing the colts to return the ball to my 4 yard line.

Pre seasn game two was a pretty standard the Vikings were at the Bills and we pulled it out 28-19. No injuries and really no exciting stats during this game. Ponder threw 3 picks but one was a late hail mary into the endzone with seconds left in the game and the one before that was on a 4th down throw he forced into the endzone to try and bring his team back.

the only other real interesting development in my franchise is that the Raiders moved to Memphis.

weaponz248 08-29-2013 10:36 AM

Starting out as HC for the Green Bay Packers! Ill stay HC till Rodgers has 1 year left on his contract. At that point Ill retire and become an owner. Not sure which team but it might be the bills or raiders. I got four years till that happens.

Anyway, I created my own playbooks for use in game. Defense is a 3-4. My offense I run a Single-back set. I have Pistol and Single-back formations and Shotgun. Also have I form and split back for random use.

So we went 4-0 in the preseason. Here is a list of presason cuts we made to get to a 53 man roster
Spoiler

We signed WR Brandon Banks to a 1 year deal from Free agency. He will be our 7th WR and our primary KR/PR.

So week 1 opening day. With visit the 49ers in a rematch from last years playoff game. Our defense would come up huge in this game. We sacked Kapernick 4 times and picked him off another 4 times. Aaron Rodgers had 5 TDs and Lacy ran for 114 yards and 1 TD in a blow out win, 52-3.

UP next the Redskin visit Wisconsin. This one was a bit closer. Franklin and Lacy combined for 111 yards and Rodgers was a bit off with 2 INTs but the Pack still held on and won 38-23.

Up next we got a few trade offers for some players. We traded Alex Green to Tampa for a 2014 6th and 7th round pick. Also we traded Kuhn to Atlanta for a 2014 5th, 6th, and 7th round pick. We then signed FB Spencer ware and HB Brandon Jacobs to 1 years deals. The reasoning is I wanted to put Jacobs at FB since I dont use a FB that much and when I do its to run with the F or put him out for a pass. Little did I know I cant change a HB to a FB until the off season so we signed Ware to satisfy the FB requirement.

Also Kuhn was in his final year of his contract and at 30 years old I figured I would send him to a team that would use him. The possibility exists for me to pick him up in the off-season if he is a FA.

So up next week 3 action. Time to visit the Bengals. Not much in the way of stats fr either team but the Packers managed to score 31 points and win 31-7.

UP next week 4,A bye week! So we took this time to look at re-signing players. We offer Jermichael Finley a contract the week prior and he declined so....I put him on the trade block. The Broncos expressed interest and we made a deal. We got a 2014 3rd and 7th round pick. SO now in need of a TE I signed Free Agent Andrew Quarless, yep the same guy I cut in preseason!

Also we submitted contract offers to the folowing players:

DT R. Pickett
LE M. Neal
WR J.Jones
SS M.D. Jennings
LE B.J. Raji
FS M. Burnett
RE C.J. Wilson

So up next week 5 as we host the Lions. Horrible day for Rodgers as he threw 3 INTs and only 2 TDs. Lacy would run for 134 yards and a TD. Rodgers and Franklin would add a rushing TD each as the Packers survived 35-21.

On to week 6 and a trip to Baltimore, but first an injury update. KR/PR B Banks is out for 7 weeks with a Ruptured Disk in his back. Earliest return is week 13.

The Ravens proved to be very good against the run and almost good enough against the pass. A low scoring defensive battle which saw the Packers come out on top 21-7.

Week 7 saw the browns come to town and leave town with a loss. THe Packers won 24-10.

Week 8 was a trip to Minnesota for a Sunday night game against the Vikings. Lacy out rushed Peterson 139 yards to 87 and the Pack would win 20-13!

Week 9 was up next but first so re-signing news. We resigned RE C.J Wilson to a 5 12.5 mil contract. Also FS M Burnett accepted a 5 year 8.99 mil contract. LE M. Neal and DT R.Pickett denied several offers so we have cut talks and will let them go in the off season.

On to the big game, A Monday night show down between bitter rivals Bears Packers! SO i turned out to be Bear season in Green Bay as the Packers killed the Bears 52-0!! 315 yards and 5 TDs from Rodgers and 111 yards and 1 TD from Lacy.

UP next week 10, LE B.J Raji notified the team that he accepted the contract offer of 6 years for 33 mil. and SS M.D Jennings signed his 4 year 4.52 mil offer.

UP next the Eagles visit Lambeau. This was a weird game. Eagles revived the opening kick and had the ball all of the 1st quarter and scored a bout a minute into the 2nd quarter. Eagles would score 17 points in the 2nd quarter and we managed 3 at the end of the quarter. At half time we had the ball for 1 minute and 43 seconds out of the possible 14 minutes. second half went a bit better. we managed to score 21 points in the 4th and win it 31-28. we ended the game with 7 minutes off possession. Huge scare but we came back from 17 down to win.

UP next the New York Giants. We ran through them and easily won 31-10.

WR J.Jones also resigned with us to the tune of a 6 year 19.5 mil contract.

So as we enter week 12 the Packers are 10-0 and in first place in the division and conference.

So up next for the Packers:

VS Vikings
AT Lions
VS Falcons

Sorry for the long post, had 12 weeks to get into it lol.