Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Other Sports (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Lacrosse 14 Launches Kickstarter (/forums/showthread.php?t=671832)

RaychelSnr 10-17-2013 12:15 PM

Lacrosse 14 Launches Kickstarter

Lacrosse 14

An interesting new Kickstarter project launched yesterday, a console sports simulation entitled Lacrosse 14. The game sports a realistic minded goal of $210,000 to be funded, with nearly $28,000 already collected from donors.

Lacrosse 14 is a creation from the makers of NLL Lacrosse and College Lacrosse, so you are dealing with an established and experienced developer within the sport they are developing for.

The game, if funded, will be a fully featured and serious sports simulation of the game of lacrosse. There will be several game modes included within the game, from quick game to online multiplayer to a lacrosse academy, to a dynasty mode.

Lacrosse 14 is being developed by Crosse Studios, which is a Pittsburgh based company which specializes in the development of lacrosse video games. The CEO of the company is Carlo Sunseri, who is a former lacrosse player and now a current Division I coach.

For more information on the game and to contribute to it, check out Lacrosse 14's Kickstarter page.

kprince3 10-17-2013 01:29 PM

I've been playing Sunseri's games sense they first came out and have been able to see these games grow in scope, 14 is going to blow all of them away!

MrBlackThumbz 10-17-2013 01:52 PM

Word start one for 2k football

Escobeats 10-17-2013 03:17 PM

LOL those crowds tho. Nice to see more sports games getting developed tho. I'm all for that

believeinnow 10-17-2013 03:30 PM

Another sports related project that won't succeed...he used far too many assets from other games for me to take this seriously. Heard he's using this in the hopes of getting some venture capitalist to help cover the cost.

TemplateR 10-17-2013 05:10 PM

I wonder on which Engine will be the game based. On a own engine? Or on a "licensed" engine like "Unreal Engine" or something else.

Brother3Wright 10-17-2013 05:22 PM

Re: Lacrosse 14 Launches Kickstarter

Quote:

Originally Posted by TemplateR (Post 2045567697)
I wonder on which Engine will be the game based. On a own engine? Or on a "licensed" engine like "Unreal Engine" or something else.

Those shots are from the engine they're using. It's a proprietary engine from Big Ant, the same one they used for Rugby League Live 2.

DJ 10-17-2013 05:45 PM

I still play the College and NLL games. Hopefully this projects gets fully funded.