Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Wrestling (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Anyway to get the Warrior without the Preorder code (/forums/showthread.php?t=675948)

ckarlic 10-31-2013 11:43 AM

Anyway to get the Warrior without the Preorder code

I downloaded WWE 2k14 from the PS Store last night and was wondering if there was a way to get the Ultimate Warrior without the Preorder code. I was hoping that I would be able to buy it from the store or just unlock it by playing wrestlemania mode. Or, if a kind soul on OS has an extra code for the PS3 version of WWE 2k14, i would appreciate it.

Thanks

COMMISSIONERHBK9 10-31-2013 12:15 PM

Re: Anyway to get the Warrior without the Preorder code

As of right now no there's no way. We have to hope its release as dlc down the line

krildog 10-31-2013 12:39 PM

I suspect he'll become available for purchase after the last DLC pack gets released. Pretty sure that's what they did with Tyson last year.

bigdoc85 10-31-2013 02:35 PM

You can buy them on ebay but people are paying dearly for them.

I do a lot of file transfer / management in a bunch of the other sports games and sometimes there are workarounds on the bonus codes but I don't think there is one here -- just have to hope for DLC.

JoeMimic 11-01-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdoc85 (Post 2045614842)
You can buy them on ebay but people are paying dearly for them.

I do a lot of file transfer / management in a bunch of the other sports games and sometimes there are workarounds on the bonus codes but I don't think there is one here -- just have to hope for DLC.

I was lucky and someone had their Xbox code on there Monday and I got it for $5. Now I see them going for $15+

elgreazy1 11-04-2013 10:18 AM

DLC like this is downright ridiculous. One shouldn't have to go out of their way and spend money like this for simple DLC.

Colts18 11-04-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgreazy1 (Post 2045626614)
DLC like this is downright ridiculous. One shouldn't have to go out of their way and spend money like this for simple DLC.

Well remember that this isn't like team sports games where all of the players are under one union. Think of it like how Jordan/Barkley didn't used to be in certain NBA games because they were a separate entity. Same logic here.

Seymour Scagnetti 11-04-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts18 (Post 2045626942)
Well remember that this isn't like team sports games where all of the players are under one union. Think of it like how Jordan/Barkley didn't used to be in certain NBA games because they were a separate entity. Same logic here.

That's not really the point. The point is this ridiculous preorder bonus that doesn't allow people to pay $2 or $3 from the get go to get Warrior as DLC legally if you didn't preorder. Now you have to wait months to get him or pay a hefty premium to get it other ways. Especially considering many people (like me) who didn't preorder got him anyways because certain stores will still give you the Warrior code regardless of whether you preordered.

My lesson learned is buy the game from a smaller store like Gamestop or a mom and pop store because they have the code sent to them and just type it in at the register. So if you ask nicely they usually do it. With big box stores like Walmart and Best Buy that's not gonna happen.