Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA Live (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar (/forums/showthread.php?t=680627)

RaychelSnr 11-12-2013 10:40 AM

NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar

Press Row Podcast host Rich Grisham checks in today with a hands-on preview of NBA Live 14 for next-gen consoles. Here are a few nuggets from the article:
  • Controls are layered, meaning anyone can pick up and play -- but there's a good bit of depth to be mastered as well.
  • Defensive controls are done mainly via the left stick. The LT puts you in a defensive stance wherever you are at on the floor.
  • Overall the game plays solid, but Rich is hesitant on giving it a ringing endorsement but instead says its a solid foundation for next-gen basketball.
  • There will be a day-one patch.
What do you think about what you read? Sound off below!

grodbetatted 11-12-2013 10:49 AM

Sounds good and rough edges are expected from a new game...

JODYE 11-12-2013 10:56 AM

Re: NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar

At this point, it just feels like they are trying to hide the game as long as possible.

There is no excuse to not have released some official gameplay by now.

Gramps91 11-12-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13 (Post 2045655506)
At this point, it just feels like they are trying to hide the game as long as possible.

There is no excuse to not have released some official gameplay by now.

agreed. Looking forward to Friday to see what others say about it.

Personally, I think it will be okay but I'm not expecting to be astounded. I'm just glad there is some competition back. I'm a 2k guy but I've checked out Live in the past too and really hope they can deliver.

soonermagic88 11-12-2013 11:08 AM

Im 50/50 on this one. Im picking up 2k day one, but im definitely going to be trying out live at some point.

LILSPAZ57 11-12-2013 11:12 AM

I Like what Im hearing all we do is SIM,SIM,SIM no matter what/ Got gameplay on my mind I can never get enough! As far as them holding out on footage I understand cause 2K is pushing graphics, and lets be honest 2K is a Like a Bugatti on the outside! The thing is the gameplay isnt the best! Live 14 is Not a Bugatti on the outside but I honestly believe that the gameplay on Live 14 will be better.. So what do use is a Bugatti if the engine is busted, it dont perform how it looks.. At the end of the day competition is Back

LILSPAZ57 11-12-2013 11:13 AM

"Whats THE use of a Bugatti if the engine is busted"

DirtyJerz32 11-12-2013 11:14 AM

If it plays like Live 10, I'm ok with that. At least they'll have a demo on the 19th to try out before spending money.