Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=682585)

smcamp3 11-16-2013 05:18 PM

Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread

I haven't seen a thread about it and I know a lot of you have hated this mode but I love it. Share your stories and how its going for you.

I am playing as Miami on 9 min quarters (all star level for now).

Absolutely love this game. Dominated Chicago in the first game. The second game against Philly was awesome. I was down 10+ all game but you could tell they were a young team in the 4th quarter. All of a sudden, MCW started turning it over, their youth was showing. Ray Allen came alive in the 4th and led me back. Something little I loved was LeBron was playing like crap and the game decided to run the offense through Wade, which opened up LBJ to take over. Ended up winning by 8.

Just played Brooklyn and had another great game. Was down 12 going into the 4th and, like before, started chipping away. Ray had 13 in the 4th and LBJ took over. Got it down to 3 with a minute left. Unfortunately, had a stupid turnover with Wade and ended up losing. LBJ did go for 40-9-10 though.

Oh, the realism showed again. Oden got hurt after his first appearance, only out 1-2 weeks though haha.

Gosens6 11-16-2013 05:25 PM

Re: Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread

Also did a test run with the Heat.

Ended up trading Bosh at the deadline to the Bobcats for Al Jefferson and their 1st round pick. We ended up winning the title again, beating Houston in 6 games.

In the off-season, LeBron resigned, and I decided to not even offer Wade an extension. (He got hurt in the last month of the season, and wouldn't even be ready for the start of the next year. We won the title without him, didn't need him)

The owner demanded that I signed a sixth man with an overall rating of 73 or above to replace Ray Allen. Well, with that 5th pick in the draft, I selected the best pure shooter in the class. Boris Dragic from Slovenia. The owner then demanded that I play him at least 26 minutes a game. So, with no hesitation, I took starting minutes from my new starting PF, Kenyon Martin. Signed him, Reggie Bullock and a few other guys to round out the roster. From what I can remember, the roster looked like this at the start of the second year.

PG: Mario Chalmers
SG: Jodie Meeks
SF: LeBron James
PF: Kenyon Martin
C: Al Jefferson

6th Man: Boris Dragic

jtshurtleff 11-16-2013 05:36 PM

Started one with the Lakers and play on All-Star with 12 minute quarters. Beat the Clippers 108-101. Blake Griffin had 25 and Jamaal Crawford had 23 but they started him randomly. Kobe had 21 and Pau had 27 with Jordan Hill coming off the bench for 14 and 14 with 5 blocks. Nice sixth man for me. He played 31 minutes.
Starting 5
PG. Steve Nash
SG. Kobe Bryant
SF. Nick Young
PF. Pau Gasol
C. Chris Kaman

Sixth man. Jordan Hill
Others in rotation
Steve Blake
Jordan Farmar
Jodie Meeks
Xavier Henry

Not ideal to have a ten man rotation but I'll probably trade Nash or Blake later this year. Maybe for a better SF.

Painkiller1974 11-16-2013 05:39 PM

Will you play all 82 games or will you sim some games ?

smcamp3 11-16-2013 05:47 PM

Im hoping to play all 82.

Rule of Two 11-16-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gosens6 (Post 2045674577)
Also did a test run with the Heat.

Ended up trading Bosh at the deadline to the Bobcats for Al Jefferson and their 1st round pick. We ended up winning the title again, beating Houston in 6 games.

In the off-season, LeBron resigned, and I decided to not even offer Wade an extension. (He got hurt in the last month of the season, and wouldn't even be ready for the start of the next year. We won the title without him, didn't need him)

The owner demanded that I signed a sixth man with an overall rating of 73 or above to replace Ray Allen. Well, with that 5th pick in the draft, I selected the best pure shooter in the class. Boris Dragic from Slovenia. The owner then demanded that I play him at least 26 minutes a game. So, with no hesitation, I took starting minutes from my new starting PF, Kenyon Martin. Signed him, Reggie Bullock and a few other guys to round out the roster. From what I can remember, the roster looked like this at the start of the second year.

PG: Mario Chalmers
SG: Jodie Meeks
SF: LeBron James
PF: Kenyon Martin
C: Al Jefferson

6th Man: Boris Dragic

You butchered a great team. LeBron is now back in Cleveland essentially.

jtshurtleff 11-16-2013 05:56 PM

I am planning on playing 82 but we will see. I want to rebuild the Lakers but I feel like I'll be able to make the playoffs as a 5 or 6. Definitely not gonna win the division.

Gosens6 11-16-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rule of Two (Post 2045674704)
You butchered a great team. LeBron is now back in Cleveland essentially.

Well seeing as how this group won the title again, I think I put together a pretty decent team.