Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side (/forums/showthread.php?t=691758)

JohnDoe8865 12-10-2013 09:15 PM

NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

Virtual Currency (VC) in NBA 2K14 is a problem and if consumers don't voice their concerns, it's going to get worse.

Sure, there are ways to get free VC via the mobile app (if you can get it working), but gamers shouldn't be required to use VC to do simple tasks such as changing a lineup. We can understand using it in MyTeam (as it has been successful for EA Sports and Ultimate Team), but to have it added into other modes really has the community fired up. Customization isn't as fun as it once was, since VC is needed to update accessories and the ratio is ridiculous. Could this be next?

While there are many posts here at OS slamming it, other sites such as NeoGAF and Reddit have also been killing it from day one. PastaPadre has written a detailed article on it and the hate is spilling over.

VGRevolution warned users about it last year. Twitter is filled with complaints from users actually purchasing VC and not receiving it or crashing/freezing in modes, losing what they've earned. With no official word from 2K Sports, this is becoming a very large concern.

Where do you stand on VC?

VDusen04 12-10-2013 09:34 PM

Re: PastaPadre: VC Implementation Threatens The Future Of The NBA 2K Series

I appreciate the link. I am personally pleased to see light being shed upon this issue. I am hopeful the ball continues to roll and the critical comments begin to mount.

23 12-10-2013 09:36 PM

I dont play my team or my player for that matter but I heard about this and I find it just as silly as the whole "me" direction of these modes that you're being charged to change a lineup. All of this penny pinching for nothing in return is ridiculous.

JohnDoe8865 12-10-2013 09:40 PM

The most distressing issue for me personally is the requirement to use VC to "unlock" basic abilities like changing your lineup in MYGM mode. Can you imagine in The Association mode in CG if they'd done that? I see now why they didn't give us 30 team control in MYGM.

RangersCruz 12-10-2013 09:42 PM

Unfortunately it's only a matter of them before all sports games will be doing that.

SuperNova854 12-10-2013 09:44 PM

My biggest issue is the fact MyTeam just seems so unplayable and unenjoyable. Gold packs are 13,000 VC now. That's rediculous. The whole VC concept shouldn't exist. But if it does, at least don't make everything so darn expensive to the point where we actually HAVE to pay for more VC.

Moegames 12-10-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23 (Post 2045756584)
I dont play my team or my player for that matter but I heard about this and I find it just as silly as the whole "me" direction of these modes that you're being charged to change a lineup. All of this penny pinching for nothing in return is ridiculous.

Amen - it's a disgrace to gamers. All of this new microtranscations,etc leaves a nasty bitter taste in my mouth. Here is where we are going...things that normally would be "free" in the game are now being held for money purchases. This is not where gaming needs to go. It will be a HUGE disaster soon enough, mark my words. We already pay 64 dollars per game...now we gotta shell out more money "after" buy the game to unlock features that would normally be free? Are you serious? Some poor innocent folks will be persuaded as usual but folks such as myself and many at NeoGaf have already made our opinions be heard and we will not stop until this BS stops.

2k...i am very disappointed on the road you are now choosing to go down...this is a disgrace to gaming and only shows you in it for the money and the passion for making games are now a thing of the past..what a shame...sad sad times for gaming.

It all innocently started with DLC...now it has spread like cancer to micro-transactions. If you think console gamers are going to fall for it like mobile phone/tablet gamers have...you are in for a rude awakening!!

Make no mistake about this...2k, you are getting very close to crossing that thin delicate line with all these crappy distasteful micro-transactions....these things should normally be free...or there is no need to GRIND IT OUT in order to unlock stuff or of course..the worst of them all..having to PAY MORE MONEY to unlock things that normally would of been free with options to make things easier for us that already pay for the damn game!! What a greedy move, 2k!!

Steven78 12-10-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangersCruz (Post 2045756600)
Unfortunately it's only a matter of them before all sports games will be doing that.

B.S. I dont buy it. You think consumers are going to stand for this? People have limited incomes to spend on games the way it is, this will catch on like wildfire if it continues and in the end people will just quit buying these games and will find something else to spend their disposable income on.

They may see an initial bump from VC, but what they are doing in the long term is hurting their brand and customer loyalty. An incredibly short sighted decision for a short term gain and long term failure.