Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Wrestling (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   WWE 2k15: BRING THE HEAT...wrestling game revolution (/forums/showthread.php?t=699825)

Maverick32093209 01-06-2014 09:54 PM

WWE 2k15: BRING THE HEAT...wrestling game revolution

Instead of trying to make a real competition out of a fake competition. It should try to actually simulate what professional wrestlers are trying to do. Work together to make great matches that entertain the fans....ie GET HEAT.

PPV - PPV get HEAT by having great matches from feuds that have great HEAT. If it works they get more fans, bigger pops. If its poor...then fewer fans making it harder for future matches, events and performers to get HEAT.

Event - Same as PPV, but with less impact on the overall HEAT gained or loss. In essence a bad event won't make or break you. But a few bad events in a row is like having a bad PPV. House shows...dont count. Events get HEAT by having matches with HEAT. The more matches the more HEAT.

Feuds - Feuds get HEAT by their length having great matches. Feuds lose HEAT if one performer is squashing the other, if someone gets injured, if there are not enough matches and too many promos or interference. The more HEAT by the wrestlers the longer the feuds. Match variety...however, certain matches have greater chance of injury...thus weighing out getting HEAT and killing a feud with injury.

Matches - Matches get HEAT by the level of HEAT by the performers in the match. The Spots (will explain in second), move variety, build-up...promos can help a match, damage done in the match, finishers done, signatures done.

Performers - get HEAT by feuds. lose big time HEAT via injury. Lose HEAT if they are either being squashed too much, if they are in too many squash matches. gain heat by taking and giving damage (this encourages matches to be balanced...not onside competition), comebacks, interfering in matches...key thing is variety of action. You can't ALWAYS do any one thing. But you must also be careful not to go too crazy in matches...will lead to.

Create a Cut scene - As a performer gets HEAT they can have more cutscene options...which is basically incorporating story-line mode into universe.

Create a Spot - HEAT will allow more options for this as well. This would be like a customizable Wrestlemania moment which you can pre-set before the match. Doing one of these can get you big time HEAT...also has the potential for big time injury.

All of these things interact....you can have great HEAT in a match...but the event sucked which will limit the overall HEAT that you would have gotten.

Online would be the same...its not about competition...matches would get points for damage, comebacks, finishes etc. As you played you could earn spots. Once you use them...they are gone. Would encourage collaboration. Would be like when you play fought your brother as kids

SoundTheAlarm 01-07-2014 12:12 AM

Re: WWE 2k15: BRING THE HEAT...wrestling game revolution

Sounds like a great feature, as long as it wasn't made too gimmicky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

almostbobsaget 01-07-2014 12:23 PM

I like it.

I also want to see a myWrestler mode where you start in NXT and have to work your way up by meeting expectations and milestones: IE get over 100,000 followers on social media, have a feud with a HEAT of 90%, etc.

Also I think it'd be awesome to either have the NXT roster available, or do a DLC/standalone game for 9.99, 14.99 or whatever that is purely NXT and import into your WWE 2K15 game save. I'd be sold buying an NXT add on for $20 or so.

Union Carbine 01-07-2014 12:45 PM

To be honest, I don't want them to add anything until they fix the wrestler AI and logic. For my money, everything else can wait. (I do like your idea though!)

Maverick32093209 01-07-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Union Carbine (Post 2045837880)
To be honest, I don't want them to add anything until they fix the wrestler AI and logic. For my money, everything else can wait. (I do like your idea though!)

actually....that reminds me...of a few important features

1. the ability to switch from wrestler to wrestler during the match...via the select. In this way...you do not have to entirely leave it up to the AI partner to make an exciting match.

In this way...AI won't matter...you can switch back and forth to make an awesome match...however...i do think you should get more points for not switching

Union Carbine 01-07-2014 09:43 PM

Erm, I like to go AI vs. AI so AI matters. A lot.

queenie.paula 01-08-2014 01:39 PM

like the idea a lot but first I rather they fix things like the actual wrestling first....add a lot more names that you can use when creating announcing names, I hate getting a CAW and it not able to have a proper announced name and damn the commentary names stink...they should be like the announced names

Sheba2011 01-22-2014 03:34 AM

Something tells me this guy likes the word HEAT...

In all seriousness though it is a unique idea but like most I would much rather have them iron out the AI before anything else. For instance Wrestlemania Mode was an epic idea flawed by piss poor AI and a near end of life game engine.