Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Sports Daily: The King's Mask (/forums/showthread.php?t=710474)

RaychelSnr 02-28-2014 12:12 PM

Sports Daily: The King's Mask

Sure, the Heat won an interesting matchup with the Knicks last night -- but who wants to talk about "X"s and "O"s? Did you see that masked man?

Zorro? The Dark Knight? Whatever comparisons you make, the man behind the mask scored 31-points in his first game back since suffering a broken nose. When asked about his choice of the all-black mask, LeBron stated he picked it because it went with his uniform.

In a league obsessed with fashion, both good and bad (short sleeve jerseys?) I can't imagine the league just letting this one go. Surely there will be authentic replica "King James" jerseys and black mask combo packages for sale on NBA.com in the near future, right? And while we're at it, we can't keep the same nickname jersey for LeBron. If you're going to dawn a black mask and drop thirty points on an opponent, let's get a little more creative.

Sound Off: What nickname best fits LeBron while wearing his black carbon-fiber mask?

Sports Headlines for February 28, 2014

poloelite 02-28-2014 03:02 PM

Didn't Kyrie already wear that mask?

z Revis 03-01-2014 10:49 AM

Re: Sports Daily: The King's Mask

Quote:

Originally Posted by poloelite (Post 2045993607)
Didn't Kyrie already wear that mask?

Kobe too.

Which makes it interesting that the league is telling LeBron he can't wear it. Although we have a different commish this time too..

The 24th Letter 03-01-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z Revis (Post 2045995485)
Kobe too.

Which makes it interesting that the league is telling LeBron he can't wear it. Although we have a different commish this time too..

I think they told them too...

z Revis 03-01-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 24th Letter (Post 2045995496)
I think they told them too...

OK, if so my bad. Didn't know that.

ThreeKing 03-01-2014 11:45 AM

I don't care for the guy, but this league is about self-expression. Who cares what color the mask is? Let him wear the damn thing.

DaImmaculateONe 03-02-2014 08:13 PM

i think ramires looks better

airjoca 03-03-2014 12:13 PM

I read something about opponents not being able to see his eyes clearly, which sometimes are a good indication of what a player is about to do, and so gave LeBron a possible advantage.