Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   MLB 14 The Show: Online Play a Swing and a Miss at Launch (/forums/showthread.php?t=721000)

allgames 04-07-2014 12:29 AM

Re: MLB 14 The Show: Online Play a Swing and a Miss at Launch

I can't believe how much worse this game is performing online from MLB 13 THE SHOW. Even with a green connection it's lag, and multiple system crashes. Haven't gotten through a single online game without issues. I'm so upset since I ONLY play online ranked. What did they do???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

merchant1874 04-07-2014 05:23 AM

I never play the show online and have no interest in it which is the opposite of other sports games of which I only play online.

Although online the show isn't for me it is ridiculous that they still haven't sorted this. Especially in this day and age.

As someone else said SCEA San Diego has had a free pass for far too long regarding online.

It's got to the point they should just stop wasting time and give up.

SVCbearcat10 04-07-2014 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight165 (Post 2046103905)
Is it a definite that you won't be able to continue your online franchise in '15?
Those saves are on the server, correct?(I still haven't played online at all....so I don't know the ins and outs for sure)

M.K.
Knight165

Yes, Russell confirmed in the Online Dev Blog...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA (Post 2046096450)
Year-to-year saves do not work for online franchise.

BSUFAN 04-07-2014 08:05 AM

From some previous experiences online is why I only play RTTS. It's a shame for those that do though.

allgames 04-07-2014 10:39 AM

What makes this even more frustrating is that I have played MLB13 online every week until I picked up MLB14 and it was absolutely playable and not even close to the disaster that 14 is right now. How can they have made it worse with a new release based on the same game engine??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HustlinOwl 04-07-2014 01:04 PM

Hopefully it is all ironed out come PS4 release
Quote:

Thanks to each and every one of you who’ve picked up a copy of MLB 14 The Show on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita. This has been an important year for the series, in many respects, and we’re excited to finally get the season started.

We have been closely monitoring community feedback to online play. We recognize that users are having issues and are moving quickly to analyze and address.

This year, we strove to revamp our online gameplay from the ground up. The goal was to provide 100% parity with the feel and input response of our offline gameplay. We have accomplished much of this: input and timing for Batting, Pitching, and Fielding online all feel the same as offline with virtually zero latency. As a result of this overhaul and our emphasis on a minimal latency experience, a number of visual anomalies and issues of synchronization have manifested that we are actively identifying and working to resolve.

It is a process, one with growing pains, but we are confident the significant changes we’ve made this year will help to lay the foundation for a vastly improved online experience, both in terms of fixes we will deliver in the near future and also for subsequent entries in the series. We can also assure you that our highly anticipated PlayStation 4 debut will benefit from many of our immediate learnings and fixes from day one.

We will keep you posted on the progress of online gameplay and appreciate your understanding and continued support as work to bring it to the level of quality we expect from every feature we release.

-The Show Team

HustlinOwl 04-07-2014 03:42 PM

lol, Dear God

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/R0JpgDq-OBE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/R0JpgDq-OBE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

coydog2020 04-07-2014 06:07 PM

I hope to God the online is working. I have been a member of the xbox family since the release of the first xbox. I bought a PS4 last friday because I wanted to play this game online. If there is a issue with the PS4 version I will be going back to xbox..