Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Sound Off: KD's MVP, is he the best in basketball? (/forums/showthread.php?t=734076)

RaychelSnr 05-08-2014 09:10 AM

Sound Off: KD's MVP, is he the best in basketball?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HuNEdiMkIgA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you don't think the MVP award means something to Kevin Durant -- you haven't watched his acceptance speech.

K-D played nearly forty minutes per game during the regular season while averaging 32 points, 7.4 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game. So far in the playoffs he's only sitting an average three minutes per game while scoring 29 per game and improving his rebounding numbers. Needless to say, he's a star in all circumstances.

The small amount of votes that didn't go to Durant were cast for the The King, LeBron James. While Durant's incredible year and the regular season success of the Thunder made him the obvious choice, some feel that James is the best all-around player -- which opens up the "Define the MVP" discussion once again.

Sound Off: Is Durant the best player in basketball or simply the most valuable?

LingeringRegime 05-08-2014 09:16 AM

Re: Sound Off: KD's MVP, is he the best in basketball?

Most Valuable.

soonermagic88 05-08-2014 10:27 AM

Most Valuable. KD was more Valuable to the Thunder's success than any other player to his respective team.
If the award was "Best Player in the League", then yea, Lebron should probably win, but its not.

da ThRONe 05-08-2014 10:51 AM

Neither. He had a great season and the MVP award should be given based on the season not the career. However he's not better or more valuable to the league or his team than LeBron.

Kodii Rockets 05-08-2014 11:05 AM

It's the same as the argument when Jordan was playing, was any player in that era more valuable to his team than him? I highly doubt it. But giving him the award every year would be ridiculous. Congrats KD

Meechyaboy 05-08-2014 11:51 AM

Kd deserves the award this year he did more than lebron this year to attain the award.. Although he still isn't better than lebron he is closing the gap pretty fast...

XxJustAguessxX 05-08-2014 11:55 AM

I say neither, MVP voting is a popularity contest in every sport. He's a great scorer but in my opinion he's not as good as lebron and I can't tell you who's more important to their team. I mean is MCW just as important to the 76ers as Durant to the Thunder. It's all good tho, I don't care one way or another.

MattUM 05-08-2014 02:17 PM

The soccer fan in me says that the most valuable player is the best player in the world. The player who would demand the highest transfer fee is the best player, so they are inherently the same because this gives him the highest value. Lebron would get my vote.