Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 15 Reviews From Around the Web (/forums/showthread.php?t=756949)

Steve_OS 08-21-2014 08:23 AM

Madden NFL 15 Reviews From Around the Web

Quite a few Madden NFL 15 reviews have hit the web this morning and we have rounded them up for you. If you find any others, post them and we will update the list.

jayenomics 08-21-2014 08:47 AM

I'm excited for this game, especially since NHL dropped the GM Connected mode this year.

SVCbearcat10 08-21-2014 08:55 AM

I'm not trying to be a Madden *****, but I don't think Madden is ever fairly reviewed. Reviews always compare it to past iterations of the game. While I think that should be a component, it needs to be put up against other sports games as well. Plus this game, for whatever reason, brings out such strong emotion that unbiased reviews are hard to come by.

I'm not doubting this won't be the best Madden game in a while. However, when compared to other sports games, you can tell that it isn't at the same level. Physics are typically off, players slide across the field rather than 'true step', etc. However, the review score indicates that it's just as good.

charter04 08-21-2014 09:01 AM

Re: Madden NFL 15 Reviews From Around the Web

I know some criticize the sports game reviews from places like IGN or Gameinformer but, the GI review by Matthew Cato was very good. He hit the nail on the head and mostly covered all the things most around here want.

I've been a GI subscriber for years so I'm glad they have a guy reviewing who knows what he's talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gorilla Glass 08-21-2014 09:02 AM

The reviews seem to be in the green.

I love to read site reviews, but there's nothing like personal reviews.

Let's go 12 o'clock!!!!!

roadman 08-21-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10 (Post 2046500230)
I'm not trying to be a Madden *****, but I don't think Madden is ever fairly reviewed. Reviews always compare it to past iterations of the game. While I think that should be a component, it needs to be put up against other sports games as well. Plus this game, for whatever reason, brings out such strong emotion that unbiased reviews are hard to come by.

I'm not doubting this won't be the best Madden game in a while. However, when compared to other sports games, you can tell that it isn't at the same level. Physics are typically off, players slide across the field rather than 'true step', etc. However, the review score indicates that it's just as good.

That's all up to you, though.

You and I know the legacy issues are still prevalent, but, in the end, it's your choice, not a choice influenced by a stranger on the internet.

Cowboy008 08-21-2014 09:15 AM

Wow it sounds like Madden maybe pretty good this year.

tss 08-21-2014 09:23 AM

http://arcadesushi.com/madden-nfl-15-review/