Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA Live (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions (/forums/showthread.php?t=781001)

Steve_OS 10-28-2014 09:34 AM

NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

NBA Live 15 is available today for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Since more people will have their hands on it today, we figured it would be better to start a fresh new topic.

If you want to read some impressions from the EA Access version, click here. Otherwise, play a few games and post your impressions.

NOTE: If you are looking for the game or demo in the PS Store, they typically update later in the afternoon.

EA Sports has posted their full list of controls for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Below is a list of items that have arrived in the first in-game update:
  • Updated scanned player heads for D. Rose, J. Noah, K. Leonard, and C. Anthony
  • Updated San Antonio Spurs Championship jerseys
  • Cleveland, New Orleans, and Charlotte courts have been updated
  • Updated jersey icons for MIN alternate, MIA Floridians (Hardwood Classics), PHI road, CLE alt 2
  • Updated accessory colors for new Cavaliers uniforms
  • Updated "Pull the Chair" Post Move
  • Updated catch animations on inbound passes
  • Updated "Up and Under" layup animations
  • Updated team show colors for Sacramento
  • Jordan shoes updated for players in Rookie Showcase.
  • Steal rating updated for K. Humphries & J. Hamilton
  • Updated accessories on several players
  • Updated rosters to reflect recent player moves
  • Updated player shoes in the All-Star Game
  • Moved some players to the free agency pool
  • Updated player portraits in Live Ultimate Team
  • Info updated on several players, including playstyles, positions, jersey numbers and more
  • Foot planting with pump fakes has been updated
  • Shot timing updated for free throws

Poke 10-28-2014 10:16 AM

Looks like a decent day 1 patch!

nick_sr 10-28-2014 10:48 AM

Re: NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

So, ea didn't Ship to where I live on Canada. Major fail!

loosey101 10-28-2014 10:50 AM

That's what you get for being America's top hat Nick. Hopefully you get it soon!

yelwarraef 10-28-2014 10:53 AM

This seems like a high-quality patch. I'm on the fence with this game. I really want a new NBA experience, and I'm happy that there's actual competition in the NBA video game arena! However, I'm wary to spend the full amount on this. Wish I had EA Access.

BL8001 10-28-2014 11:02 AM

I saw EA updated the Cav's court so I wanted to check it out. Also wanted to see if they snuck in face scan for Elfrid Payton (they didn't yet) so I took the Magic to cleveland.

The court looked great. LeBron, Love and Kyrie destroyed me.

The Cav's jumped out to a 10-4 lead and then kept increasing the lead.

I was down by 18 at Half. Midway through the 3rd when it got to be a 22 pt cav's lead I switched sides. Holy smokes, no wonder, the Cav's are amazing to use.

So far playing the Early Access and then the full game the main thing I am impressed with is bad teams are bad and good teams are really good. The ratings really matter and if this is synergy's doing then ALL HAIL SYNERGY. This is the first EA game that I have played (and I have played a ton of them) where team ratings matter. So I am sitting here thinking who I can use to beat the Cav's and jeez who to beat the Spurs with?

Every other EA game I choose a lower rated team just so I don't destroy the CPU.

In my experience with NBA live 15, you choose a weak team and you are going to struggle against better teams.

The patch has smoothed things out. I have only played 2 games post patch so I am still noticing/investigating the changes.

nick_sr 10-28-2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loosey101 (Post 2046745616)
That's what you get for being America's top hat Nick. Hopefully you get it soon!

Going to another city for it right now because I didn't take the day off work for this.

The guy at eBay gamessaid they ddidn't order because nobody bought the game last year lol

Traceur 10-28-2014 11:09 AM

Just like the EA Access version (XB1), the game is still way too easy on Superstar level. It feels like I'm playing on Pro level. Beat the Cavs, Spurs and OKC all with the Utah Jazz (on the road) and the closest game is where I won by 12 points (against Cleveland). Wanted to play the top 3 teams using one of the worst teams to prove this point.

I have yet to lose a game in Live 15.

BL8001 10-28-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traceur (Post 2046745676)
Just like the EA Access version (XB1), the game is still way too easy on Superstar level. It feels like I'm playing on Pro level. Beat the Cavs, Spurs and OKC all with the Utah Jazz (on the road) and the closest game is where I won by 12 points (against Cleveland). Wanted to play the top 3 teams using one of the worst teams to prove this point.

I have yet to lose a game in Live 15.

How are you winning?

Like tell me some secrets. I am not joking either.

Are you catch and shooting? Because if I pass it I see a green shoot icon but if wait at all the cpu will close in and turn my icon red.

I can do some dribble moves to get penetration but nothing is guaranteed.

The CPU can drive on me pretty easily but they have that videogame force field on their D end, if you drive they push you back and there is some auto pick up dribble thing that happens. Meanwhile I body the CPU up and they can retain their dribble.

CPU also backside rebounds way better than my team does.

Just give me 2 or 3 things to try.

Gorilla Glass 10-28-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BL8001 (Post 2046745696)
How are you winning?

Like tell me some secrets. I am not joking either.

Are you catch and shooting? Because if I pass it I see a green shoot icon but if wait at all the cpu will close in and turn my icon red.

I can do some dribble moves to get penetration but nothing is guaranteed.

The CPU can drive on me pretty easily but they have that videogame force field on their D end, if you drive they push you back and there is some auto pick up dribble thing that happens. Meanwhile I body the CPU up and they can retain their dribble.

CPU also backside rebounds way better than my team does.

Just give me 2 or 3 things to try.

Yeah I want hear it too.

The game is a challenge especially after the update and the cpu goes on some unstoppable streaks.

It's challenging, fun and rewarding all wrapped in one.

This game is really good.

bkluvsm3 10-28-2014 11:42 AM

Don't know if this helps but All Star is Best Difficulty Imo I also play with Shooting and Free throw Ratings Only with all play calling and motion on auto getting good games

Insight23 10-28-2014 11:44 AM

For some reason I don't get the halftime show anymore

The 24th Letter 10-28-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insight23 (Post 2046745802)
For some reason I don't get the halftime show anymore

Hope this is isolated...

Bootzilla 10-28-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkluvsm3 (Post 2046745792)
Don't know if this helps but All Star is Best Difficulty Imo I also play with Shooting and Free throw Ratings Only with all play calling and motion on auto getting good games

Ratings only? Does that mean release doesn't factor in at all?

BL8001 10-28-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkluvsm3 (Post 2046745792)

Yeah curious about this. I read here, not sure what thread, but I saw a post where a user said that the CPU shoots 3's like crazy on PRO but the shooting percentages are way better on All Star.

Flightwhite24 10-28-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BL8001 (Post 2046745865)
Yeah curious about this. I read here, not sure what thread, but I saw a post where a user said that the CPU shoots 3's like crazy on PRO but the shooting percentages are way better on All Star.

I can tell you if you play to far off on D, then yes the cpu is gonna jack it up all game. Especially shooters but that happens in the REAL LIFE NBA lol.

nick_sr 10-28-2014 12:08 PM

5 stores and two cities it took me to get my hands on live lol

How long does it take to install for my ps4 user's?

Flightwhite24 10-28-2014 12:21 PM

Now I remember why I don't play online much. Guy quit on me at halftime. Looks like I didn't get the win.:jpshakehe

Mintsa 10-28-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_sr (Post 2046745610)
So, ea didn't Ship to where I live on Canada. Major fail!

I was just at walmart and didn't see it in the game section. Is NBA Live 15 not in Toronto right now ??

ccoaxum 10-28-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yelwarraef (Post 2046745626)
This seems like a high-quality patch. I'm on the fence with this game. I really want a new NBA experience, and I'm happy that there's actual competition in the NBA video game arena! However, I'm wary to spend the full amount on this. Wish I had EA Access.

try the demo, its up for the xbox and should be available for the ps4 sometime today

ccoaxum 10-28-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BL8001 (Post 2046745653)
I saw EA updated the Cav's court so I wanted to check it out. Also wanted to see if they snuck in face scan for Elfrid Payton (they didn't yet) so I took the Magic to cleveland.

The court looked great. LeBron, Love and Kyrie destroyed me.

The Cav's jumped out to a 10-4 lead and then kept increasing the lead.

I was down by 18 at Half. Midway through the 3rd when it got to be a 22 pt cav's lead I switched sides. Holy smokes, no wonder, the Cav's are amazing to use.

So far playing the Early Access and then the full game the main thing I am impressed with is bad teams are bad and good teams are really good. The ratings really matter and if this is synergy's doing then ALL HAIL SYNERGY. This is the first EA game that I have played (and I have played a ton of them) where team ratings matter. So I am sitting here thinking who I can use to beat the Cav's and jeez who to beat the Spurs with?

Every other EA game I choose a lower rated team just so I don't destroy the CPU.

In my experience with NBA live 15, you choose a weak team and you are going to struggle against better teams.

The patch has smoothed things out. I have only played 2 games post patch so I am still noticing/investigating the changes.

i agree which is why i refused to use my LUT team until i got better players plus it doesnt help if your not good yet on the sticks on this game lol, but overall you going to work hard if you using a low rated team or player in this game

swac07 10-28-2014 12:45 PM

The cavs floor is freakin nice !!!

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

DaWolf 10-28-2014 12:45 PM

Patch made a big difference to the game! Better spacing, better controls - overall I had a real fun game (first with 15) which I won with a smooth buzzer beater 3 by Kobe. Most shots are still off but some of them (like Kobes) do feel very smooth and responsive.

Feel a bit more optimistic about the future of Live now after this patch. Still ways to go of course.

Mintsa 10-28-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE (Post 2046745943)
Now I remember why I don't play online much. Guy quit on me at halftime. Looks like I didn't get the win.:jpshakehe

That's what I DONT want to hear. Hopefully that doesn't become a "thing"

ccoaxum 10-28-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mintsa (Post 2046746076)
That's what I DONT want to hear. Hopefully that doesn't become a "thing"

yea i can't stand when ppl quit, its why i don't play online as well. But you should see your win once EA looks in to, is usually what happens with their games online for all sports.

nick_sr 10-28-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mintsa (Post 2046746016)
I was just at walmart and didn't see it in the game section. Is NBA Live 15 not in Toronto right now ??

I live in Brampton and couldn't find it. Found it at the Walmart in square one. They only had 4 copies.

blackceasar 10-28-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE (Post 2046745943)

Flight how long have you had the game? You are like Red in Shawshank Redemption. Always can get your hands on anything at any time lol

KingTocco 10-28-2014 01:16 PM

Wasn't gonna buy it after trying the access and then reading you guys in here, I just picked it up at lunch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

king doe 10-28-2014 01:28 PM

I think the game might be giving me another six hour trial, hmm...

sroz39 10-28-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_sr (Post 2046746149)
I live in Brampton and couldn't find it. Found it at the Walmart in square one. They only had 4 copies.

Just spoke to the lady at my local EB here in Mississauga and she said my pre-ordered copy was the only copy they were getting and that EB Canada wasn't going to stock the game unless you pre-ordered it.

Walmart might be some of your guys' only option.

Really pumped to try this. Don't get off work till 4 but I'm hoping to get off early.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bateman11 10-28-2014 01:37 PM

Is pro and 5 min quarters only way you can play LUT? I can't find an option to change it

angelstrout 10-28-2014 01:46 PM

Best gameplay ever for I'm all for "feel" of controls and player hang time and weight. There's rhythm and spacing feels great. I just got the game I traded other company and I must say EA did a terrific job on visuals and gameplay. Other company needs to start updating too on player scans. Kyrie Irving new player scan is amazing finally he was captured perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nick_sr 10-28-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sroz39 (Post 2046746285)
Just spoke to the lady at my local EB here in Mississauga and she said my pre-ordered copy was the only copy they were getting and that EB Canada wasn't going to stock the game unless you pre-ordered it.

Really pumped to try this. Don't get off work till 4 but I'm hoping to get off early.

That's what I was told. Pre order was the only way to get live at eb Canada smh. Not worried because I have it now. Next I'll preorder lol

nick_sr 10-28-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bateman11 (Post 2046746289)
Is pro and 5 min quarters only way you can play LUT? I can't find an option to change it

Don't know about 15 but that's the way it was in 14 smh

The 24th Letter 10-28-2014 02:03 PM

NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Just picked up my preorder, let's do it

Mintsa 10-28-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sroz39 (Post 2046746285)

What the ???? EB games Canada not carrying the game unless you pre-ordered ? Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. They carry Barbie and deer hunter games but not Live 15.

Sorry, not the place for this....my rant is over.

One last point.....I'm surprised EA would allow that. Wouldn't they want EB to push/stock and sell their game ?

bateman11 10-28-2014 02:11 PM

Not gonna lie I wasn't impressed when I first popped the game in. After two games the patch was ready to be installed..

I don't wanna speak too soon but man I am liking this more each game. It is definitely going to take most users a while to get the hang of it. But so far I have seen some sequences that I've never experienced in a basketball game before.. and that's saying a lot.

Most of them have come during trainsition opportunities or when the pace really picks up during the game. It feels like basketball.

Will have more later but I'm very optimistic about how good this thing might be as we advance through the season.

brent3419 10-28-2014 02:12 PM

i got the game, everything looks great with the game! my one gripe so far is the players seem like they dont match the lighting like they got an dead look to them

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk

dubplate 10-28-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass (Post 2046745735)
Yeah I want hear it too.

The game is a challenge especially after the update and the cpu goes on some unstoppable streaks.

It's challenging, fun and rewarding all wrapped in one.

This game is really good.

I find it to be a challenge on All-Star as well, but unlike another game I've played the CPU runs feel organic and earned. Not just an arbitrary thing the game is imposing on me.

nick_sr 10-28-2014 02:27 PM

Took less than 20 mins to install on ps4👌

The learn live was frustrating because I wanted to skip n couldn't

Load times seem a bit long this year.

Going to shsese more after I do llet and Sim dynasty mode