Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Anyone have any tips when it comes to playing on HoF/Simulation? (/forums/showthread.php?t=815504)

Genocide3883 12-06-2014 07:19 AM

Anyone have any tips when it comes to playing on HoF/Simulation?

Chris Smoove makes it seem easy. Running plays, steals and all that jazz. I can't read passing lanes to save my life. Playing on HoF seems like a chore when the AI makes everything and you can't make anything. Wide open or not, and the AI makes these ridiculous full contact contested shots. It's ridiculous and I want to get better considering people make it look easy.

bastos80 12-06-2014 07:30 AM

Re: Anyone have any tips when it comes to playing on HoF/Simulation?

He's playing 2k all his life.

Genocide3883 12-06-2014 08:14 AM

That doesn't answer the question -.-

worstsportsgamer1977 12-06-2014 08:31 AM

what difficulty level do you normally play on? also what is your mastery of the game? this game has alot of tools to use. to make you run better offenses. defense is hit or miss.

DonWuan 12-06-2014 08:35 AM

He's been playing on hof for a long time. That is the answer. He's a seasoned vet. Understand that Hof is not about playing basketball anymore, using the Cpu flaws against them.

The game runs on rails and once you figure that part out it becomes easy. People who play on higher levels understand how the operates.

Master your playbook, shot releases and your teammates.

Hof not meant for ******s. Work your way up from allstar. Once your blowing good teams out on superstar move to hof.

Genocide3883 12-06-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstsportsgamer1977 (Post 2046877587)
what difficulty level do you normally play on? also what is your mastery of the game? this game has alot of tools to use. to make you run better offenses. defense is hit or miss.

I've only really played on Rookie lately as Hall of Fame is impossible to hit any kind of jumpshot. Unless I spam nothing but pick and rolls in mycareer which is not fun whatsoever.

The AI on HOF Sim hits EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING contested goes in, every bodied layup goes in. It's ****ing unrealistic.

dwayne12345 12-06-2014 02:50 PM

Here's some good tips for you.

1. When playing on HOF contesting jump shots with the right stick up is 100x more effective than pressing the block button to contest. If you press the block button and don't block it chances are the cpu makes the shot.

2. Go into your controller settings and make shot contest manual. When the user manually contests a shot there's more of a chance the cpu will miss it.

3. If you do not have a lockdown defender don't play up on your man on the perimeter. Instead give him space if he shoots it press the right trigger and shot contest up stick to make him miss it 60-70%% of the time.

4. If your man beats you even for a second your CPU help defender will leave his man to help out. There will be an open man for an easy bucket and the cpu will find him.

If you play disciplined defense and know how to run your basic offensive set you will have a shot.

Genocide3883 12-06-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwayne12345 (Post 2046878421)
Here's some good tips for you.

1. When playing on HOF contesting jump shots with the right stick up is 100x more effective than pressing the block button to contest. If you press the block button and don't block it chances are the cpu makes the shot.

2. Go into your controller settings and make shot contest manual. When the user manually contests a shot there's more of a chance the cpu will miss it.

3. If you do not have a lockdown defender don't play up on your man on the perimeter. Instead give him space if he shoots it press the right trigger and shot contest up stick to make him miss it 60-70%% of the time.

4. If your man beats you even for a second your CPU help defender will leave his man to help out. There will be an open man for an easy bucket and the cpu will find him.

If you play disciplined defense and know how to run your basic offensive set you will have a shot.

I'm a PG and I usually get **** on every game by my man, they blow right by me and get an easy layup 90% of the time. My guy is super ****ing slow on defense, he moves like I haven't upgraded athlete at all.