Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2015 NFL Draft (/forums/showthread.php?t=822354)

Yeah...THAT Guy 12-26-2014 12:16 PM

2015 NFL Draft

As a Bucs fan, it's about damn time that we start talking about the draft :(

With a loss this week, Tampa will clinch the 1st overall pick. Praying to sweet baby Jesus that we finally get the franchise QB we've been waiting for for what feels like forever. I don't even care which one we take, though gun to my head, I think Jameis is a better on-field prospect. Just need to sort out how serious his off-field issues are.

KingV2k3 12-26-2014 07:34 PM

Re: 2015 NFL Draft

Winston has been front page news (for his on field performance) in the TB area since his HS days...

That, coupled with the fact that he's considered more "NFL ready" than Marriota, makes the Bucs taking him a
no brainer" IMHO...

Will mos def sell tickets AND is ready to roll...

kehlis 12-26-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingV2k3 (Post 2046935338)
Winston has been front page news (for his on field performance) in the TB area since his HS days...

That, coupled with the fact that he's considered more "NFL ready" than Marriota, makes the Bucs taking him a
no brainer" IMHO...

Will mos def sell tickets AND is ready to roll...

I'm still not certain he's going to enter the draft.

bigeastbumrush 12-26-2014 07:56 PM

I want Amari Cooper in a Jets uniform.

Oh, and a GM and Head Coach to select him.

bradtxmale 12-26-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush (Post 2046935403)
I want Amari Cooper in a Jets uniform.

Oh, and a GM and Head Coach to select him.

You just may get your wish. Word is, the Jets will take him, if they don't go after Winston or Mariota.

Also, what's this about Winston being more NFL ready?

SPTO 12-26-2014 10:16 PM

I think Winston probably is most NFL ready in terms of handling a pro style offense. Mariota has a world of talent in him but like RGIII and Kaep I feel like he's more at home in an offense that has to be very specific to his needs whereas Winston could pick up the nuances of an NFL playbook more readily. That doesn't mean he'll be a better pro than Mariota but it does mean he has an edge on him initially.

Chrisksaint 12-26-2014 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPTO (Post 2046935730)
I think Winston probably is most NFL ready in terms of handling a pro style offense. Mariota has a world of talent in him but like RGIII and Kaep I feel like he's more at home in an offense that has to be very specific to his needs whereas Winston could pick up the nuances of an NFL playbook more readily. That doesn't mean he'll be a better pro than Mariota but it does mean he has an edge on him initially.

Friend of mine on the team says that the players coming back from the NFL usually say the NFL playbook is easier to pick up for them thanks to how complicated Jimbo's is to learn, which is very much a pro style offense.

It's a close call between the two, Mariota makes great decisions obviously but it's really hard to say how much of his production is based on the offense he's in as you don't really see him make more then 1-2 reads before making a decision. Winston on the other hand seems to go through his reads more, makes some of the best anticipation throws i've seen in CFB in the past few years, etc.

I can't help but think Jameis in Tampa seems like a good fit being that he already has his Kelvin Benjamin type of guy in Mike Evans. They'd have to shore up that awful O-line though as he's taken a serious beating from his FSU line for a majority of the season.

superjames1992 12-27-2014 12:59 AM

I'm still a bit curious why TB gave up on Mike Glennon.