Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Project CARS Video - In-Depth Look at the Pit Box, Qualifying and More (/forums/showthread.php?t=831453)

Steve_OS 03-13-2015 04:01 PM

Project CARS Video - In-Depth Look at the Pit Box, Qualifying and More

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ek4nme0WBfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Namco Bandai and Slightly Mad Studios have posted a new Project CARS video featuring an in-depth look at the pit box and qualifying. They are saving more discussion about tuning setups for a future video, but they do provide some details on the pit monitor, pit strategy and more.

Quote:

With over 80,000 players being involved since October 2011, in May racing fans will finally get their hands on the most technically-advanced, beautiful, intense and authentic racing game on the planet that's been tested, guided, and approved every step of the way by both gamers and real-life pro drivers alike.

Featuring:
  • A huge variety of motorsports and reflected car culture with relevant rules and formats
  • The largest track roster of any recent racing game
  • A freeform career mode that allows you to choose your own path with Historic Goals to earn, Accolades to win, Endorsements to sign, and Invitations to receive
  • Competitive online with features such as 'join in progress' and invite-only sessions
  • Fully-dynamic weather and time of day
  • Race weekends including warmup sessions, practices, qualifying, and two-race format
  • Pit stops and pit strategy creation for different scenarios and events (eg.. endurance)
  • Deep tuning setup creation
  • Asynchronous play via the Driver Network - Time Trial mode with downloadable ghosts and regularly-scheduled Community Events
  • Save and share your proudest moments with photos and replays
  • Player tailoring and accessibility features - dial the game to your own particular skill and comfort level
  • Playable either at a cinematic 12K resolution or on a more intimate scale with Oculus Rift. Project Morpheus, or nVidia Shield
  • Support for over 40 different wheels and peripherals
  • Second screen support via apps created by the community through the Project CARS API
Project CARS will be coming to the Playstation 4, Xbox One, Steam OS, WiiU & PC, starting mid-May 2015.

TalenT 03-13-2015 05:36 PM

Re: Project CARS Video - In-Depth Look at the Pit Box, Qualifying and More

This game looks DOPE! I haven't been this excited about a racing game since the first Gran Turismo.

neifro 03-14-2015 05:48 AM

The console racing experience I've been waiting for since......forever

artgamer72 03-14-2015 06:03 PM

Except that it will have to be played with a controller. My Logitech G27 racing wheel isn't recognized by the PS4. I think the lack of racing wheel compatibility in the PS4 is part of the reason Project Cars keeps getting delayed.

bonannogiovanni 03-14-2015 10:30 PM

Just bought a TS300 and sold a G27 for project cars on ps4....

artgamer72 03-16-2015 08:48 AM

How does the TS300 compare to the TS500? Is the TS500 even Thrustmaster's latest racing wheel?

kackle85 03-16-2015 11:51 AM

Has anyone here played this game? I am looking forward to it but the handling/phsyics look a bit floaty to me. Can anybody tell me that I'm wrong?