Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.04 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) (/forums/showthread.php?t=845080)

bcruise 06-12-2015 06:48 PM

Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.04 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 2047396012)
Take it back to the store you bought it from and ask for a refund. Might want to take your receipt with you.

And there is a workaround for the issue. Fellow Cub fans (bcruise) can fill you in because I honestly don't know the details.

Although I kind of expect this to go unread by the other poster...

Short version: Pause and switch teams when you see a high foul ball heading into the field box seats on either side of the foul lines. The bug will not trigger when the fielder is user-controlled.

The bug does not happen on every foul ball (or even close to it), it takes a specific location and height to allow the fielder to run into the wall and fool the boundary. I probably don't average one of these per game, though it can happen 2 or 3 times in a game. Just depends on how many foul balls you hit. It's annoying, but not horribly immersion-breaking to switch teams when I see this coming.

Unfortunately, there is no fix for this in RTTS.

TheRealC7R 06-12-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scribe1980 (Post 2047395829)
So, still must fear throwing over to first on a pick off attempt, then.

:lol: I don't even attempt to pick-off anymore. I'd much rather the runner attempt to steal and try to throw him out at 2nd than to have the ball fly into the stands. I'd be fine with the throwing error if it were a throw to the left or right of 1B, but something about seeing the ball go into the stands is just frustrating.

ScottfrmPhilly 06-12-2015 07:33 PM

FYI to all ... I accepted the update today JUST to see what would happen... and it CHANGED THE RATINGS OF MY "OLDER" Phillies mid season of my offline franchise ...I had suspected this when I accepted the patch last week... I had this franchise started months ago!!! I edited them back though. That is pretty stupid I think .. If I accept a game path or update it should not affect my existing franchise ratings.. ugh!!! And yes... The Wrigley bug is pretty stupid and should be fixed... but change the ratings of my Franchise League players???? Really???!!!!

countryboy 06-12-2015 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottfrmPhilly (Post 2047396162)
FYI to all ... I accepted the update today JUST to see what would happen... and it CHANGED THE RATINGS OF MY "OLDER" Phillies mid season of my offline franchise ...I had suspected this when I accepted the patch last week... I had this franchise started months ago!!! I edited them back though. That is pretty stupid I think .. If I accept a game path or update it should not affect my existing franchise ratings.. ugh!!! And yes... The Wrigley bug is pretty stupid and should be fixed... but change the ratings of my Franchise League players???? Really???!!!!

My franchise players didn't change ratings at all. Young nor old.

I've played a franchise through all 4 patches and not once did my player's ratings change.

aukevin 06-12-2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nop990 (Post 2047395898)
That isn't an option buddy

Go to your user settings, press L1 to get to last page of settings, then press R2 to get to Advanced Settings. Should be one of the last options in that set.

Hockeynut99 06-12-2015 08:25 PM

What is the boundary issue in Wrigley?

countryboy 06-12-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeynut99 (Post 2047396269)
What is the boundary issue in Wrigley?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ate-notes.html

Fours 06-12-2015 08:36 PM

Such a disappointing patch, especially knowing this is the last one with any hope of addressing non DD issues.. I know and accept that the money making modes will always get priority, but to have given up completely on franchise is a big middle finger to a huge segment of customers.

It's still possible to enjoy franchise with heavy editing and workarounds, but here's a list for MLB 16

- Balance overall Pitcher progression
- Pitcher progression velocity bug
- Playoff pitcher stamina
- Amateur draft generation, age over flow issue
- Amateur draft generation, inflated potential
- Amateur draft generation, ridiculous looking players
- Previous patch broke CPU lead offs
- Inflated pick off move errors(Can we call this fixed by removing lead offs?)
- Budgets preventing FA signings, leaving 90+ rated players unsigned.
- 1B not covering bag on diving plays.
- Players choosing relaxed throwing animations inappropriately.
- Catchers allowing passed balls on fastballs in the strike zone.
- Manager salary demands climbing to 8M+/year

That's just off the top of my head, I could come up with a lot more..

Year-to-year saves only make sense if you've tuned the game to make sense years down the road.

-frustrated- :brickwall